Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

This made me go check my reservations! I'm in the clear though, I booked it for arrival day. Rose and Crown is a favorite of ours. We always have the weirdest experiences there (an entire wine key left in a drink [yes, really], wrong entrees brought out multiple times [I have a knack for being confused for other tables])...

but man. I just love the place! I'd be so sad if we couldn't eat there this trip.

I was so sad to see this thread locked. On a whim I came back to see if anything else was going on in rumors in news. So happy our COVID thread is back!!

I do have some news:

I got an email today from AAA that universal Orlando is offering buy a one day ticket, get three days free for Florida residents. That’s a great deal they must be slow again after the holidays.

This made me go check my reservations! I'm in the clear though, I booked it for arrival day. Rose and Crown is a favorite of ours. We always have the weirdest experiences there (an entire wine key left in a drink [yes, really], wrong entrees brought out multiple times [I have a knack for being confused for other tables])...

but man. I just love the place! I'd be so sad if we couldn't eat there this trip.
When we were there this summer a lizard kept slowly sneaking up on our table along the molding on the wall (we were seated indoors). The kids loved it and were convinced it was trying to sneak our food. They even named it. When we were back there his past January, we were seated at the table right next to where we had been seated last time, and my 5 year old daughter asked the waiter if they still had their pet lizard. He was so confused.

Last edited:

Jeez you handle real life for a week or two and the place literally blows up. Glad to see the thread back. I don't post often because as a Canuck I doubt i'll get there until 2023 or later, but I like reading the hot takes on the situation as it stands today so I can live vicariously. Okay, carry on now.

Wow!

Um, Disney, start dropping those discounts!!! Get your domestic travelers there in the fall!
Discounts so far this year have been stingy. Even AP rates aren’t great. I remain baffled but most signs point to WDW laying low-ish until the 50th or maybe even 2022.

Edit: I forgot about the buy four get two ticket promo. We only focus on the resort discounts.

Last edited:

I’m a random visitor to the dis these days, without a trip planned it just isn’t as much fun. lol 😆 ..
Im just catching up from my last visit the day Ryan announced his mod retirement. Looks like much has happened since then with the thread.

This has always been my go to thread for info and for the many viewpoints shared. I’m glad to see it survived.

Now if only someone could fix that Canadian lock down thing... I could get back to planning and actually going on that planned trip 😝

I still haven’t been able to get my AP back after giving it up from the closures. I called on 1/25 and was told someone would get in touch with me within 7 days. I called today and they said they’re 7 -14 days behind but I am still on the list.
Thanks for posting this. I called 1/27 and haven't heard anything yet. Not surprised they're behind schedule...

Seems as if they overbooked CSR due to the NBA G-league being there.

Reports of people in Tower being offered Grand Floridian (which weirdly, I would not like) and guests booked for regular CSR being moved from Casitas to Tower, Cabanas and now Ranchos!

whoops! :D

Discounts so far this year have been stingy. Even AP rates aren’t great. I remain baffled but most signs point to WDW laying low-ish until the 50th or maybe even 2022.

Edit: I forgot about the buy four get two ticket promo. We only focus on the resort discounts.
I am just waiting for fall room rate discounts to drop. That ticket promo isn't worth it.

I know POR is a “seasonal resort” in the it has its diehards and it’s an overflow during peak seasons, but the number and current history do not bode well for my favorite resort!
In spring 2019 I went to POR and the CM told me they were at 7% capacity. (Granted it’s got a lot of rooms!)
in fall 2019 I overheard the Uber guy talking to a CM who said he’d have better luck staging at another resort- they were under 10% capacity on a Friday night.

we went there weekly for beignets and the atmosphere was always awesome because it was never slam packed like other value and moderates can get in the main areas

they’ve been wanting to shut it down for a long time- maybe this is it for POR as we know it.

I know POR is a “seasonal resort” in the it has its diehards and it’s an overflow during peak seasons, but the number and current history do not bode well for my favorite resort!
In spring 2019 I went to POR and the CM told me they were at 7% capacity. (Granted it’s got a lot of rooms!)
in fall 2019 I overheard the Uber guy talking to a CM who said he’d have better luck staging at another resort- they were under 10% capacity on a Friday night.

we went there weekly for beignets and the atmosphere was always awesome because it was never slam packed like other value and moderates can get in the main areas

they’ve been wanting to shut it down for a long time- maybe this is it for POR as we know it.

Wow! I though Disney resorts were at almost full capacity during pre-covid times.

My two sense?
no way.
I could hop on Priceline or Hotwire and get a room three days out for 65% off the price with that hidden price feature(can’t remember what it’s called now! Oh I miss those days)

all star music re suite for 99
AOA suite for 135
Pop for 65
Grand flo for 200
Swan and dolphin for under 100

most locals would do this when they wanted a quick staycation, I remember getting pop for 65 on a Friday and I was shocked.

I’m sure boardwalk was packed during the festivals and I know the monorail resorts get booked up nice and tight anytime MK had something going on.

but I thought the reason they remodeled certain rooms to DVC and their DVC push was because resorts were not at capacity pre covid.

Seems as if they overbooked CSR due to the NBA G-league being there.

Reports of people in Tower being offered Grand Floridian (which weirdly, I would not like) and guests booked for regular CSR being moved from Casitas to Tower, Cabanas and now Ranchos!

whoops! :D

i have to ask - why?

moving from the tower to the grand flo - simply for transportation purposes to and from parks - would seem like a great move.

My two sense?
no way.

I could hop on Priceline or Hotwire and get a room three days out for 65% off the price with that hidden price feature(can’t remember what it’s called now! Oh I miss those days)

AOA suite for 135
Pop for 65
Grand flo for 200

most locals would do this when they wanted a quick staycation, I remember getting pop for 65 on a Friday and I was shocked.

I’m sure boardwalk was packed during the festivals and I know the monorail resorts get booked up nice and tight anytime MK had something going on.

but I thought the reason they remodeled certain rooms to DVC and their DVC push was because resorts were not at capacity pre covid.

sorry but - no way - what? no way anyone would book? What question are you answering? I prob missed something.

i have to ask - why?

moving from the tower to the grand flo - simply for transportation purposes to and from parks - would seem like a great move.

I'm looking forward to Gran Destino and all of CSR in general. I think the Tower itself and the grounds of CSR are better looking than Grand Floridian (have not seen CSR in person but have GF) and I think Three Bridges and Dahlia Lounge look phenomenal. I also like the looks of the main pool better.

We don't mind buses so location isn't that big of a deal. And we Uber a lot.

Now if they moved us to Yacht Club or Riviera, then we'd be talking.

My two sense?
no way.

AOA suite for 135
Pop for 65
Grand flo for 200

There used to be posters here who knew this kind of thing, but I swear I read that Disney hotels were usually near capacity during normal times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter