• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know, but if that park is full for new reservations, does it also mean that that it’s too full to hop to?

There is a cap for when no more hopping is allowed but it isn't the se as the park reservation capacity.

My thinking is the parks collectively have a cap of 35%, which is what the park reservations are but an individual park can go over that. So if all are starting the day at 35% but 2% leave one park to hop to another then you have one at 33% and one at 37% but collectively still at 35%. There is probably a max limit above that for when they close of hopping to that park, dependant on the park (and factoring in no shows for reservations, etc)

I’m not sure how they increase capacity any more without the CDC easing some more restrictions. There’s only so many cast member breakrooms so unless they can allow more cast members to occupy them at a time I don’t know how they bring back more. I’ve even heard they are using some former guest areas as break rooms, so they can’t reopen those areas to guests until they feel they can increase break room capacity.

I’m not sure how they increase capacity any more without the CDC easing some more restrictions. There’s only so many cast member breakrooms so unless they can allow more cast members to occupy them at a time I don’t know how they bring back more. I’ve even heard they are using some former guest areas as break rooms, so they can’t reopen those areas to guests until they feel they can increase break room capacity.

I'd imagine that CDC guidelines are updated this summer if the vaccine distribution goes well

CDC "restrictions" are really just guidelines. DeSantis has pretty much given Disney the green light to do whatever they want. The restrictions at Disney right now are basically self imposed.

Glad to see fireworks are coming back to Epcot. Makes sense, people are able to socially distance themselves a bit more than I other locations.
My guess is that this will up and running by 4th of July. they have been putting out one new Barge a month into the lake that would put all the barges in the lake by June, some testing and its a go for July

Last edited:
My guess is that this will up and running by 4th of July. they have been putting out one new Badge a month into the lake that would put all the barges in the lake but June, some testing and its a go for July

I also think they will be back sometime in the summer. I dont know if they will have their big 4th of July celebration but I do think by end of July we will see them back.

Chapek has stated that Disney is following CDC guidelines. Disney won't change capacity until the CDC guidelines change.

Yes, they will follow CDC completely, just for the additional protection from liability among many other reasons

Last edited:
I also think they will be back sometime in the summer. I dont know if they will have their big 4th of July celebration but I do think by end of July we will see them back.

As someone with an August trip this makes me really happy! I'm also so curious if they will do a mid-July start of F&W again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter