• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
So based on what I've been reading on this board- you can park hop even if that park is at capacity? Or at least no ones been turned away?

I have a feeling that might not hold on days like the 4th of July if they do end up having a nighttime show at Epcot? Maybe we'll just switch our day there to be safe and keep the fingers crossed there's something! I've never done the 4th in a Disney park before and then all the extra covid guessing makes it hard to pick park days!

So based on what I've been reading on this board- you can park hop even if that park is at capacity? Or at least no ones been turned away?

I have a feeling that might not hold on days like the 4th of July if they do end up having a nighttime show at Epcot? Maybe we'll just switch our day there to be safe and keep the fingers crossed there's something! I've never done the 4th in a Disney park before and then all the extra covid guessing makes it hard to pick park days!

If I wanted the best shot at fireworks I would switch! My sister's trip is that week so I'm very curious for her too.

I’m not sure how they increase capacity any more without the CDC easing some more restrictions. There’s only so many cast member breakrooms so unless they can allow more cast members to occupy them at a time I don’t know how they bring back more. I’ve even heard they are using some former guest areas as break rooms, so they can’t reopen those areas to guests until they feel they can increase break room capacity.
I wonder if FL will open J&J availability to the travel/tourism sector after teachers have had a chance. There was a recent announcement by the governor that teachers and law enforcement over 50yo would be open to availability with the increased supply being sent to the states. Once J&J hits the pipeline they could theoretically do "one and done" large employer campus vaccination blitzes. If CM have had a chance to be vaccinated, then perhaps by April they could "tighten up" break rooms a little more and open things like CHH, theater shows, and other current break rooms.

Grand California opening in May:

Dear Member,

Today I’m pleased to share that The Villas at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel® & Spa are currently scheduled to reopen on May 2, 2021. Our Cast Members on the West Coast are excited to make their magic once again and “welcome home” Members with enhanced health and safety measures based on guidance from health authorities and appropriate government agencies.

I’ve been here for a month now and I’ve seen them testing it and testing it with cast members. I’m leaving today and I figured I would see Remy, peoplemover or Space 220 open and we are leaving today with 0 out of the 3.
... a month!?! Woah. What's your high level opinion of WDW's handling after seeing it all for 30 days straight?

Grand California opening in May:

Dear Member,

Today I’m pleased to share that The Villas at Disney’s Grand Californian Hotel® & Spa are currently scheduled to reopen on May 2, 2021. Our Cast Members on the West Coast are excited to make their magic once again and “welcome home” Members with enhanced health and safety measures based on guidance from health authorities and appropriate government agencies.
2+ months away leaves time for even more improvement. Let's hope the date sticks!

I wonder if FL will open J&J availability to the travel/tourism sector after teachers have had a chance. There was a recent announcement by the governor that teachers and law enforcement over 50yo would be open to availability with the increased supply being sent to the states. Once J&J hits the pipeline they could theoretically do "one and done" large employer campus vaccination blitzes. If CM have had a chance to be vaccinated, then perhaps by April they could "tighten up" break rooms a little more and open things like CHH, theater shows, and other current break rooms.

That would really help since the CDC already says, fully vaccinated people don't have to quarantine. Really help with staffing not having to quarantine if a cast member tested positive, everyone exposed could continue as normal.

Yulilin3, Would cm be able to hop to a park they were initially blocked out of? My daughter is a cm and she has not been able to get answers to park hopping questions. Another question we have is if she brings her sister into one park with her guest pass then has to go to work, could her sister hop to a different park later without cm sister?
Cm can only park hop to available parks not blocked out ones for the day. As far as guest passes she should be fine hopping without the cm but I'm not sure

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter