Cruise and Theme Park Operational Updates due to Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really the case. They have Velocicoaster coming, but after that they have nothing until Epic Universe which may be a thing by 2025. Disney has GOTG, Tron and Rat in the works. They opened Pandora, Toy Story Land, Galaxy's Edge and MMRR somewhat recently. Universals last few big additions were Hagrids (good), Fast and the Furious (terrible), Jimmy Fallon (terrible) and Kong (meh). It's not like Universal is hitting home run after home run.

I know these boards naturally lean to WDW, but DCA has a whole new land coming later this year - Avengers Campus - which people seem to largely ignore for some reason. Plus MMRR and the redo of Snow White on the way too.

I know these boards naturally lean to WDW, but DCA has a whole new land coming later this year - Avengers Campus - which people seem to largely ignore for some reason. Plus MMRR and the redo of Snow White on the way too.

Not to mention the Galactic Starcruiser along with their international projects that are still ongoing. All while still losing money as a company.

I’m so glad your case was mild. It is indeed an odd virus. 30-40% will test positive at 3 weeks. But based on what I hear on this board perhaps those stats will/are changing? I wonder if it’s going to lie dormant in some people like herpes viruses do? That’s a scary thought. In any event it will be difficult for the lawyers to prove Disney is at fault. I do wonder if this will impact the sailing decisions though.
Thanks!

Yeah, I have no idea as to whether the case has merits or not but it makes sense to me that maybe they weren't tested right when they got home but a month later. For those who weren't sick at that time getting a test they may not realize that it was very hard to get tested at that time.

I'm feeling the same way about our July trip too. I thought for sure we'd at least see later hours, all the dining and shopping back, etc. But we want to go so bad I just don't know if I can wait. 😂

Hold tight. I think things will change as more people get vaccinated. I bet in April there are announcements for summer operational changes. The announcements with Remi and Oct 1 yesterday are more centered around adding excitement to the 50th anniversary of MK and 40th anniversary of EPCOT. So many are focused on the 50th that they forget its also the 40th for EPCOT.

If they did refurbs correctly, those could be beneficial in the grand scheme of things with attendance and the bottom line.
splash to Tiana
Spaceship earth refurb
Dinoland to ?
Three cabeloros (spelled that wrong!) to coco
Jungle cruise (I think this is pretty minor tho?)

The correct answer to ? is South America! Turn Dinosaur into Indiana Jones so they can turn the lights up enough to actually SEE what animatronics and such are inside. You can keep the Boneyard as an "active dig sight." Get rid of the failed carnival theme. Restaurantasaurus can stay as is, too

Disney keeps acting like there is no pandemic that means everyone needs to stay 6 feet apart. I don’t get it. Lots of rides and queues are not following Covid protocols.

Queues still have distancing in place and is where you are more likely to have a higher risk of transmission. You are on the ride for such a short time your exposure risk is lower.

I think EE was every row when we were there in December. BTMRR was still an empty row between parties though.
Definitely was every row when I rode - we had people in front of and behind us and they were definitely not part of our party of 2!

Definitely was every row when I rode - we had people in front of and behind us and they were definitely not part of our party of 2!
Oh, I'm not disputing what you stated at all. I wonder if they change it day to day depending on how long the line is. We only had to wait about 20 minutes, so it wasn't really necessary to pack the trains full. If the line got too long, they may go ahead and fill the trains.

On the flip side, EE was more or less a walk on. They actually had CMs in the queue closer to the station telling people to keep moving.

Hold tight. I think things will change as more people get vaccinated. I bet in April there are announcements for summer operational changes. The announcements with Remi and Oct 1 yesterday are more centered around adding excitement to the 50th anniversary of MK and 40th anniversary of EPCOT. So many are focused on the 50th that they forget its also the 40th for EPCOT.
Epcot's 40th is October 2022.. I know because I am an October 1982 baby, and Epcot opened a few weeks before I was born.

This !!! Was so looking forward to more things opening--- Just got my J & J vaccine, and really want to go back in July !!!

I just got my vaccine too! Happy things are on the horizon- they just have to be! :)

I'm not asking for much Disney... just give me normal park hours and open the rest of the dining/shopping up! I really noticed how much not taking a break exhausted us in November but I couldn't bring myself to leave bc they closed earlier than I'm used to. 😬

I just got my vaccine too! Happy things are on the horizon- they just have to be! :)

I'm not asking for much Disney... just give me normal park hours and open the rest of the dining/shopping up! I really noticed how much not taking a break exhausted us in November but I couldn't bring myself to leave bc they closed earlier than I'm used to. 😬
Glad I'm not only one. It's our 25th anniversary- which was supposed to be in Italy... I'll be happy just to get back to Disney. We missed it last year for sure. Hoping things will start to look more "normal" in hours and things operating as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter