Cruise Boats Commandeered by FEMA???

Very interesting. Clearly they knew about it when this thread was started - curious why it took them this long to notify passengers who didn't happen to call in to check about something (like the OP's brother) and announce it.

I don't know... Maybe they needed confirmation regarding the dates?

Then why tell someone earlier? That is what makes no sense.
They didn't tell anyone earlier. They could not tell anyone earlier because it was not announced until yesterday. I'm sure they were in negotiations but nothing was firm until yesterday.

They didn't tell anyone earlier. They could not tell anyone earlier because it was not announced until yesterday. I'm sure they were in negotiations but nothing was firm until yesterday.

They told the OP's brother. That's why the thread started in the first place. He called in to check something about his cruise and was told it was cancelled.

Then why tell someone earlier? That is what makes no sense.

Can't remember what sailing the OP's relative was on but I know that October 15th was always in jeopardy. Maybe the guests were notified?

I guess we'll have more details soon.

While Carnival might take a hit on not sailing, this may be the workaround to the San Juan issue.

Yeah, sure, other lines are home porting. But the area around the port is still a mess, the port is only getting electric when absolutely necessary (ship in port), passengers flying in still have issues with pre-cruise lodging.

You take the government cash, work with your insurance on the rest, and avoid the hot mess for passenger experience.

Interesting that never popped up on any other search I did. LOL.

The article was only dated yesterday.

Like dug mentioned, someone at carnival knew, bc they told someone in BIL's family.

I don't feel like going to the carnival section on cc but I wonder if others had the same heads up.

This'll teach me to not trust a brother in law lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter