• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise for DVC members.. are you still going?

DianaMB333

DIS Veteran
DVC Platinum
Hi
I am curious about this trip.. is still on?
do you think it will sail?

It is only 5 nights so it is not yet cancelled. DCL is only officially cancelled through January, and sailings over 7 nights.

Hard to say what the sailing situation will be by the dates of the member cruise.

I hope it goes, but really, no one knows for sure.

I hope it goes because when they cancelled this year’s MC, they set it for 2022. If they reschedule ours for 2023, I really don’t want to commit that far out.

My Princess Cruise which was scheduled for September 2021 was cancelled, NYC to Quebec. It was more than 7 nights, and it seems that was one criteria to have cruises cancelled.

If you’re not booked, I wouldn’t book it until we know more. This is a long time to have the full price of the cruise given to Disney.

My Princess Cruise which was scheduled for September 2021 was cancelled, NYC to Quebec. It was more than 7 nights, and it seems that was one criteria to have cruises cancelled.
CDC guidance is no sailings over 7 nights from a US port until at least November 2021. So they had a choice of cancelling or trying to hope CDC guidance will change.

We booked the 2021 member cruise - our first. I honestly think it will be delayed. I can't imagine that the vaccine will be readily available to the general public by then and I suspect that cruise lines will require the vaccine to board the ship. (Please don't turn this post into an anti-vac debate.) When will it be scheduled? Who knows.

If the cruise goes in June and my family doesn't have access to a vaccine, we probably won't cruise. The hard part is that we will have to make that decision several months in advance to get our money back.

That being said, we finally got out cruise confirmation last night. Weird timing as we booked back in August. Strange that it came in on Friday of a holiday weekend.

It is only 5 nights so it is not yet cancelled. DCL is only officially cancelled through January, and sailings over 7 nights.

Hard to say what the sailing situation will be by the dates of the member cruise.
WE ARE ON THE 14 NIGHT PANAMA CANAL SAILING ON THE WONDER 2/26/21 AND IT HAS NOT BEEN CANCELLED...................YET

WE ARE ON THE 14 NIGHT PANAMA CANAL SAILING ON THE WONDER 2/26/21 AND IT HAS NOT BEEN CANCELLED...................YET
It will be. They are just holding out for cash flow and call center staffing. It simply isn't permitted under the CDC Return to Sail rules.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter