Cruise for Honeymoon

2BWEDDNDIS

Disney Bride
hi
im new here to the cruise line thread
i am getting married at the WDW wedding pavilion in june 06
we recieved free annual passes to the parks from the wedding dept
we definately want to use these for our honeymoon
we were originally thinking of doing the last part of our honeymoon at the hardrock hotel and a universal park, but now we really want to consider doing a cruise instead
i absolutely love disney been to WDW 10 times now but i am clueless when it come to the cruise line
we are looking at being able to do the cruise the 25th or 26th and wanting to be back on shore by the 29th or 30th is that even possible??
any information will be helpful!!
thanks

Hi,

Congratualations on your up coming wedding. I have checked the DCL website and there is a 4 night cruise ( On the Wonder ship) that leaves on the 25th June! :thumbsup2

My first cruise ( nearly 6 yrs ago) was a 4 night and it was our honeymoon. :rolleyes: It was fab.
When we arrived they had left a bottle of champaigne chilling with two glasses. They also brought a fab chocolate cake over one night when we were in the restauants.

Serenity bay the adult only beach on disneys island Castaway Cay is both magical and romantic and pure heaven. :cloud9:

I would love to have been married @ disney, but the Disney cruise made up for that.

Hope that has helped, feel free to ask any more questions
:goodvibes

Kammie, we are going on the 4 night Wonder Cruise April 30 as part of our honeymoon -- so obviously, I think it's a GREAT idea!! ;-)

I am checking out the june 5th 4 day cruise
what does a day at sea include or mean
i looked at the 3 day and there is not a day at sea??

2BWEDDNDIS said:
I am checking out the june 5th 4 day cruise
what does a day at sea include or mean
i looked at the 3 day and there is not a day at sea??

Boy, this will be our first cruise, but I think I can answer :rotfl:

A day at sea is a day you do not stop at a port. You stay on the ship! When I was wondering about a 3 day vs 4 day, I read a lot of information and talked to my travel agent (WONDERFUL - send me a private message and I'll tell you more!) and everything pointed towards the 4 day - you can do brunch at Palo, have a 'day at sea' and time to relax into the cruise before it's over. So, that's what I went with.

My next big decision was the cabin - go with the least expensive, a view or verandah. I ended up going with the inside (least expensive). Still not sure about that choice, but guess I will find out after we cruise! I figure since this is our first time, we won't know what we're missing!! :thumbsup2

Good luck!!!

I cruised for my honeymoon and it was incredible!!! Absolutely incredible! It is a great choice - relaxing, decadent, and wonderful.

I completely disagree with the "go with the least expensive" comment. The part that made our honeymoon amazing was that we got a mini-suite on the Princess line - we had a butler to care for us in our cabin and fullfill our every request, an amazing verandah to have breakfast out on in our robes, and it was something we probably won't splurge on again for a long, long time. Honeymoons are about decadence.

So how much is it to upgrade from a Cat 11 to a verandah or suite?? :scratchin

I really do second guess my cabin choice (inside), but choices, choices!! It was either that or come back to a credit card bill :rotfl: Maybe I'll take another look at the ole' bank account!!!

since the 4 day cruise is the one that best fits our time to go
thats the one we would do
now about the cabins i think we'll go with the deluxe ocean veiw?!!
thanks for all the info im so excited!!

another question
does anyone know how long it is to drive from disney world to the port?
we are driving down from nebraska so we will drive over from the world to the cruise!

It's about a 40 minute drive from the parks to the cruise terminal. DH and I also honeymooned in WDW and then on the Disney cruise. We LOVED it :) Congratulations on the upcoming event! :bitelip:

It's actually over 50 minutes from WDW, 45 minutes from MCO to port.

I am getting married on board the 3-day Wonder that sets sail 3/2 - less than two weeks away!
We will start our honeymoon on the cruise and continue it to WDW for an entire week.

naniboujou - I booked our cruise back in September with a cat 11 - we wonderfully were upgraded to a cat 8 and just this Monday got a call we received another upgrade - to cat 5, so you never know. I think the upgrades were probably attributed to the wedding/honeymoon so you could just sit tight and keep your fingers crossed and maybe some of that upgrade pixie dust will come your way pixiedust:

any thoughts on where i might be able to store my dress while on the cruise
i asked my wedd planner and she suggested shipping it but that sounds expensive and a little scary to me i cant just leave it in the car would bringing it on board sound safe?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter