Cruise Lately

Danny Jr

Earning My Ears
We have a cruise planned for January next year. Anyone been on a cruise lately? Just wondering what the experience was like compared to before.

We have a cruise planned for January next year. Anyone been on a cruise lately? Just wondering what the experience was like compared to before.
You may want to scroll a bit. There are several different threads with reports from people that have recently cruised. But understand, things will likely change before January, so keep an eye out for reports as you get closer to your cruise.

We cruised 9/6 on the Dream. There were only around 1650 people on board. Only 2 shows were performed with each show on 2 different nights. There weren't as many activities onboard, and we had 2 stops at CC. Overall, I loved the cruise, but I know not everyone would love the scaled down activities.

As mentioned, scroll through there are lots of threads on the restart. But a lot can change between now and January, so hard to predict.

My wife and I were on the Dream (out of Port Canaveral) for a 3 night cruise on Sept. 24-27. We are 50-year old life long Disney fans and this was our 10th cruise (just as a frame of reference).

The ship had a little more than 1,000 guests of which 200 were children (I think it tops out around 4,000). We were tested for C19 in the parking garage and got our results in about 50 minutes.

It was a terrific cruise. No lines, no crowds, and the usual service. I would highly recommend taking a cruise now for these reasons.

I can see why some may say that the ship doesn't have the same energy with lower passenger census numbers. However, for us, that energy can sometimes manifest itself as huge amounts of noise (and chaos at times).

We just sailed on the Dream and the Fantasy with 1100 guests each cruise. It was great and I felt very safe. As others have said, January is like an eternity in "cruise time" and I'm sure many things will be different in 3 months.

On our recent Fantasy cruise, there were no lines to board the ship, no lines for food, no waiting for elevators, no packed elevators, no lines for the shows, no noisy crowds in the movie theater, and no lines to debark. It was easy to find a lounge chair and umbrella at the beach. As said before, things could change by January.
:)

We just sailed on the Dream and the Fantasy with 1100 guests each cruise. It was great and I felt very safe. As others have said, January is like an eternity in "cruise time" and I'm sure many things will be different in 3 months.
Fingers crossed!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter