CRUISE MUSIC for PLAYLISTS

While this is not really a typical cruise type song, any time I hear "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz it takes me right back to relaxing by the adult pool. When i told DH this he thought I was crazy as he had never noticed this song being played and then on our last cruise not only did I hear it a couple times by the pool and pointed it out to him but we also heard it in Cabanas.

FYI - not trying to hijack at all, but I have another thread running of just music actually heard on the Disney ships, if anyone is interested. It is by no means comprehensive, and I always welcome additions to it.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/dcl-cruise-playlists-songs-needed.3492171/#post-55342679

no worries!!! I couldn't find yours or I would have posted it!!! I actually thought about my thread again as I was adding it to a thread on the Community Board about "Hawaiian/luau" type songs. Thought I would bump it up here as well.

MJ

While this is not really a typical cruise type song, any time I hear "I'm Yours" by Jason Mraz it takes me right back to relaxing by the adult pool. When i told DH this he thought I was crazy as he had never noticed this song being played and then on our last cruise not only did I hear it a couple times by the pool and pointed it out to him but we also heard it in Cabanas.

Yes!!! I remember heading this many times as well in the adult pool area...brings me right back there!!! I'll add it to the list!

MJ

I was recently on Fantasy and in Cabanas I heard an instrumental song that went something like "dodododododo, do do do do dodo. Dahdahdahdahdahdah, dah dah dah dah dahdah." Anyone have the song name? Seemed very beachy vibe, I'm not sure if it had any actual lyrics or was just instrumental. Thanks for your help!

I was recently on Fantasy and in Cabanas I heard an instrumental song that went something like "dodododododo, do do do do dodo. Dahdahdahdahdahdah, dah dah dah dah dahdah." Anyone have the song name? Seemed very beachy vibe, I'm not sure if it had any actual lyrics or was just instrumental. Thanks for your help!

Hmmmm don't remember that one!

I added the Moana soundtrack to the list.

MJ

A few for the list that I believe are not there (apologies if they are and I missed them)...

"Bar At The End Of The World" - Kenny Chesney (even uses the lyric "dead men tell no tales"!)
"Life's a Beach" - Heymous Molly
"Castaway" - Zac Brown Band
"Breezin"- George Benson
"Two Tickets To Paradise" - Eddie Money

For anyone that has sailed with Tom Satori as an entertainer, One More Whiskey and Lucky Man. I'm having trouble including links to You Tube but if you are interested you can just search his name and the song title.

We caught 3 or 4 of his shows and while he did a lot of fun cover songs and took requests, he always did his originals too. Great guy and an awesome entertainer.

A few for the list that I believe are not there (apologies if they are and I missed them)...

"Bar At The End Of The World" - Kenny Chesney (even uses the lyric "dead men tell no tales"!)
"Life's a Beach" - Heymous Molly
"Castaway" - Zac Brown Band
"Breezin"- George Benson
"Two Tickets To Paradise" - Eddie Money

I will add them!!!

MJ

Thank you. This will help me relive all our magic moments.

Can someone make a list of the actually Disney music that is on the ships playlists? Just like the songs from the movies or whatever.
Thanks!

Can someone make a list of the actually Disney music that is on the ships playlists? Just like the songs from the movies or whatever.
Thanks!
See above... @squirk did.
FYI - not trying to hijack at all, but I have another thread running of just music actually heard on the Disney ships, if anyone is interested. It is by no means comprehensive, and I always welcome additions to it.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/dcl-cruise-playlists-songs-needed.3492171/#post-55342679

Bumping up. Thought it might be nice to bring this back to the forefront to give some inspiration for future cruise playlists.

MJ

If its interesting to anyone, I have used shazzam to find a few tracks in the spa area. On my next ship visit I plan on shazzaming the music that plays in the halls of after hours.

Tracks from the spa area include;

Tongli water garden - red Buddha
Cante libre - David and Steve Gordon
Asian wind - kori linae carothers
Jungle of joy - anugama
Serpent - xie guo hua
Heavenly space - Ken Davis
Shichahai in the morning - jia peng fang
Peace - yu-xiao guang
Silent moon - jia peng fang

If its interesting to anyone, I have used shazzam to find a few tracks in the spa area. On my next ship visit I plan on shazzaming the music that plays in the halls of after hours.

Tracks from the spa area include;

Tongli water garden - red Buddha
Cante libre - David and Steve Gordon
Asian wind - kori linae carothers
Jungle of joy - anugama
Serpent - xie guo hua
Heavenly space - Ken Davis
Shichahai in the morning - jia peng fang
Peace - yu-xiao guang
Silent moon - jia peng fang

Perfect! Thank you. That is such a good idea to shazzam the music!! I think I'll add a "Spa" Category to the list.

MJ

Anyone else having a display problem on the cruise board? Just this board is showing up in a long column. Community board is fine on my computer but the cruise board display is messed up.

Bumping up. Thought it might be nice to bring this back to the forefront to give some inspiration for future cruise playlists.

MJ

We haven't done FEs in a number of years (and obviously none in the last year :sad1: ), but I used to make CDs for FE gifts. My DH said I was silly as no one has a CD player anymore. My car is old, so still have one. But, maybe in the future I should make a spotify or pandora list and just give people the link!

Bubble Toes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter