Cruise Ship Drowning

FOJMO

<font color=red>If English is the official languag
This was in our newspaper today -- it doesn't say which cruise ship it was on --

The body of a man who fell from a cruise ship during his honeymoon was found on an island off gthe Mississippi coast on Tuesday, authorities said. Sheriff's deputies found the body of Matthew Scott Bjorn, 35, of Northport, AL. His wife, Renee Bjorn, 37, said that her husband had climbed over the ships's railing Sunday while the couple was attending a party.

:(

The ship was the Carnival Conquest. Apparently this guy fell out of his deck 10 balcony sometime after midnight. The ship was in the channel heading to Gulfport (the Conquest usually sails out of New Orleans, but cannot get up the river right now becuase the water level is high and it can't make it under the power lines), so it couldn't turn around to go after him. They dropped a search and rescue vessel, but couldn't find him. They called off the search for him yesterday.

According to Cruise News Daily, witnesses said that he was arguing with his wife. His wife says he was showing her how he and a friend were doing chinups outside the balcony earlier in the day, when he slipped trying to climb back over the railing. She admitted he had been drinking after first denying it.

As to what he was thinking, I question whether any thought was involved in the process.

One part of me feels so sorry for the bride :( , losing your love into the water while you watched. The other part of me is glad he won't be passing on his "smarts" to the next generation.

YIKES! People never cease to amaze me. What a tragedy. :(

hmmm...this is the cruise my brother and his family are taking later this month. I'll remind him to be careful!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter