• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruise transportation question

Amydisneyfan

Mouseketeer
I've booked DCL transfers from WDW all star music to Port Canaveral what time would do they normally depart from all star music?
For coming back I've booked with company called goport is there any goport signs at DCL terminal which takes us to the kiosk and what are the opening times for the goport kiosk at the DCL terminal?

I've booked DCL transfers from WDW all star music to Port Canaveral what time would do they normally depart from all star music?
The resort should leave departure information on your room door the day before the cruise.

For coming back I've booked with company called goport is there any goport signs at DCL terminal which takes us to the kiosk and what are the opening times for the goport kiosk at the DCL terminal?
I would assume there will be some kind of signage once you get outside of the terminal. As for how early, that's probably a question you need to ask Go Port directly.

The resort should leave departure information on your room door the day before the cruise.

I would assume there will be some kind of signage once you get outside of the terminal. As for how early, that's probably a question you need to ask Go Port directly.
Thank you

You should get an email from DCL where the location meet up is and what time.

For your second question goport kiosk is at the pickup and drop off by the number 1 sign I've got a screenshot showing the kiosk at the Disney cruise line terminal I found it on Google maps.

Screenshot_20231008_235628_com.google.android.apps.maps.jpg

You should get an email from DCL where the location meet up is and what time.

For your second question goport kiosk is at the pickup and drop off by the number 1 sign I've got a screenshot showing the kiosk at the Disney cruise line terminal I found it on Google maps.

View attachment 801085

thank you both I've just spoken to goport and they said it's available from 7am until ship completes debarkation and thank you Kevin O'Brien for sharing the information from Google maps that shows the goport stand.

Screenshot_20231011_200315.jpg

When I did DCL transfer from WDW a few years ago, I was informed by the front desk of the time of bus arrival the night before. Maybe the protocol has changed since then.

LAX

We just got off the Fantasy 2 weeks ago and i did pickup from Pop Century. They sent the following email 2 days prior:

Guests with Pre-Purchased Transfers:

All Guests with Disney Cruise Line ground transfers are invited to meet with a Disney Cruise Line representative in the Transportation Hallway near Everything Pop Merchandise at Disney's Pop Century Resort at 10:00 AM (EST) for a 10:30 AM (EST) motorcoach departure. Photo identification for all Guests 16 years of age and older is required to board the motorcoach.

For those of you staying at your Walt Disney World Resort pick-up location, Bell Services will begin luggage pick-up at 7:00 AM (EST) on the morning of your sailing. Please place the luggage you wish to transfer to the ship inside your resort room (with Disney Cruise Line luggage tags attached) near the entrance door. You do not need to be present for your luggage to be collected.

Should you need additional Disney Cruise Line luggage tags, they may be obtained at the Bell Services Desk or from a Disney Cruise Line representative.

We were the only pickup and the bus was full. Got to port and walked into check in and through security. Had to wait for 2 groups to be called before getting on ship by noon.

We just got off the Fantasy 2 weeks ago and i did pickup from Pop Century. They sent the following email 2 days prior:

All Guests with Disney Cruise Line ground transfers are invited to meet with a Disney Cruise Line representative in the Transportation Hallway near Everything Pop Merchandise at Disney's Pop Century Resort at 10:00 AM (EST) for a 10:30 AM (EST) motorcoach departure. Photo identification for all Guests 16 years of age and older is required to board the motorcoach.

For those of you staying at your Walt Disney World Resort pick-up location, Bell Services will begin luggage pick-up at 7:00 AM (EST) on the morning of your sailing. Please place the luggage you wish to transfer to the ship inside your resort room (with Disney Cruise Line luggage tags attached) near the entrance door. You do not need to be present for your luggage to be collected.

Should you need additional Disney Cruise Line luggage tags, they may be obtained at the Bell Services Desk or from a Disney Cruise Line representative.

We were the only pickup and the bus was full. Got to port and walked into check in and through security. Had to wait for 2 groups to be called before getting on ship by noon.
We’re staying there next month with the transfer. What was your boarding group number just out of curiosity?

did not have to request one auto assigned 7. after going through security and getting our magic bands activated they were on 5. waited 10 minutes and they called our number.

Thank you for the information and thank you for sharing your experience with DCL transportation.

How much does Go Port charge pp from the port to WDW? What time did you arrive at the resort?
Hello @cinnamoroll it might be cheaper to go on the DCL bus transfer the last bus departs port Canaveral something like 9 am to 9.30 am. If you use go port it only goes as far as airport Orlando International them it would be more expense on Uber, Lyft, taxi or mears connect from Orlando International Airport MCO to Disney resort.

Now for your second question what time will you arrive at Disney Resort it will be around 10am to 11.30am as everyone needs to disembark 9.30am.
Room ready and assigned should after lunch as check-in at front desk opens at 3pm or if you done it online you'll receive a text message when you can check-in.
Additional you can book the Disney resort with DCL as a land and sea vacation package only thing to remember it cannot be combined with any other offer.

Asking a question in regard to this portion of your response. I see that Bell Services will pick up the bags with the luggage tags attached from your room 3 questions:

1. I am assuming this means they will also load them onto the transfer bus for you. Is this a correct statement?
2. If above statement is correct, what is the best way to get a tip to this particular bell service CM? Like just leave lying it on the luggage?
3. If both statements above are correct, is the bell service CM that collects your luggage the same CM that will load your luggage onto the transfer bus? If so, we would just include the tip to cover both porter-ings. If not, what is the best way to to get a tip to this second porter for loading the bags onto the transfer bus?

Please let me know if I need to clarify, I know my questions may not have been super clear.

My next set of questions refer to once we arrive at the port.

1. Once we arrive at the port, will the DCL/transfer staff unload the bags and take them to the luggage drop off for us or will we need to wait to pick up our luggage from the bus to take it over to the luggage drop off?
2. If DCL/transfer staff takes care of unloading the luggage and taking it to the luggage drop off, what is the best way to get a tip to this porter for this service?
3. Assuming question two occurs, what is the best way to get a tip to the luggage handlers who load the luggage onto the ship?

TIA for the help!

ETA: There are only two of us, so really the whole thing is a matter of a $10-$20, but it is something important to me personally.

Room ready and assigned should after lunch as check-in at front desk opens at 3pm or if you done it online you'll receive a text message when you can check-in.

You can always go to the desk when you arrive at the resort. They may have a room available that they can assign to you and put you in immediately. Yes "official" check-in is 3 or 4 depending on resort, but they do not require you to wait until then if a room is available.

I see that Bell Services will pick up the bags with the luggage tags attached from your room 3 questions
Bell Services will pick up luggage and I believe it travels to the ship by truck, not under the bus on which you ride. You’ll next see the luggage at your stateroom onboard the ship.

If you aren’t in the room for luggage pick-up, you may leave a tip on top of the luggage. Make sure any bags NOT being picked up (carry-ons) are separate - maybe across the room instead of near the door.

We did a transfer from All Star Movies to the Port to get on the Disney Wish. They picked up our luggage at 7:15am and loaded it onto a box truck with everyone else's luggage, it was cool to see. We had breakfast and hung out in the lobby, there was a desk dedicated to DCL and I talked to a man there and he checked us in and gave us our bus boarding pass. He reviewed our birth certificate/passports and gave us a paper with what bus we'd get on (2 buses showed up).

We ended up leaving the resort at around 10am and arrived at the port at 11:10. We got off and they showed us where to go in the terminal for the security line and we were on the ship by about 11:45am. Took us a little longer cause they had to give us a receipt for our sound machine, it was in our room when our room was ready.

All in all it was a super easy process and we'd gladly do it again!

Bell Services will pick up luggage and I believe it travels to the ship by truck, not under the bus on which you ride. You’ll next see the luggage at your stateroom onboard the ship.

If you aren’t in the room for luggage pick-up, you may leave a tip on top of the luggage. Make sure any bags NOT being picked up (carry-ons) are separate - maybe across the room instead of near the door.
Thanks!!! I was way off! 🤣

We did a transfer from All Star Movies to the Port to get on the Disney Wish. They picked up our luggage at 7:15am and loaded it onto a box truck with everyone else's luggage, it was cool to see. We had breakfast and hung out in the lobby, there was a desk dedicated to DCL and I talked to a man there and he checked us in and gave us our bus boarding pass. He reviewed our birth certificate/passports and gave us a paper with what bus we'd get on (2 buses showed up).

We ended up leaving the resort at around 10am and arrived at the port at 11:10. We got off and they showed us where to go in the terminal for the security line and we were on the ship by about 11:45am. Took us a little longer cause they had to give us a receipt for our sound machine, it was in our room when our room was ready.

All in all it was a super easy process and we'd gladly do it again!
Awesome! Thanks for the reply!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter