[cruise update] Here is Adventure ... Celebrating my 20th visit 6/15

You're arrival day plans sound relaxing! I feel like if after flying and then getting to the resort, I'd be too tired to walk around a park the whole rest of the day. I've never been to the Boardwalk, and we were planning on going when we were originally booked at the Beach Club, but since we moved to AKL I think we won't make it this year, can't wait to hear how it is though!

Also, those tsum tsum are adorable! I think they might have just convinced me to buy the Minnie and Donald one :tongue:

You're arrival day plans sound relaxing! I feel like if after flying and then getting to the resort, I'd be too tired to walk around a park the whole rest of the day. I've never been to the Boardwalk, and we were planning on going when we were originally booked at the Beach Club, but since we moved to AKL I think we won't make it this year, can't wait to hear how it is though!

Also, those tsum tsum are adorable! I think they might have just convinced me to buy the Minnie and Donald one :tongue:

We're actually already going to be in Florida because that's the day we disembark from the ship. I figured I wouldn't include our cruise plans since we're doing a Royal Caribbean cruise and not a Disney one (unless y'all are interested in hearing about those plans??). But yeah, we need a day to do laundry and get more tan lol.

We're actually already going to be in Florida because that's the day we disembark from the ship. I figured I wouldn't include our cruise plans since we're doing a Royal Caribbean cruise and not a Disney one (unless y'all are interested in hearing about those plans??). But yeah, we need a day to do laundry and get more tan lol.

I wouldn't mind hearing about your cruise plans! I ALWAYS need to get more tan. My dad has this nice olive skin tone, and my mom and I are SO pale.

I wouldn't mind hearing about your cruise plans! I ALWAYS need to get more tan. My dad has this nice olive skin tone, and my mom and I are SO pale.

Okay! I'll get on those plans eventually. I'm still tan from last summer! :faint: I'm from the Northeast so its expected that tans fade over time. But I must've done something right.

The first time I went out to tan last summer, I put a silly band on my stomach... So 11 months later, I still have that turtle shape....

Okay! I'll get on those plans eventually. I'm still tan from last summer! :faint: I'm from the Northeast so its expected that tans fade over time. But I must've done something right.

The first time I went out to tan last summer, I put a silly band on my stomach... So 11 months later, I still have that turtle shape....

I'm from PA, so yeah, I guess I have a little bit of a tan from where I got sunburnt really bad at OBX last year (it even blistered a little bit - fell asleep at the beach, no one decided it was a good idea to wake me up and have me but on more sunscreen -_-) Flip flop tans? Those never go away. Ever. But keeping a tan for a long time is nice! :goodvibes

I'm from PA, so yeah, I guess I have a little bit of a tan from where I got sunburnt really bad at OBX last year (it even blistered a little bit - fell asleep at the beach, no one decided it was a good idea to wake me up and have me but on more sunscreen -_-) Flip flop tans? Those never go away. Ever. But keeping a tan for a long time is nice! :goodvibes

Last year I decided to go to the beach for a pre-Disney tan and I ended up not being able to move for 3 days because most of my body was bright pink. It was awful. The Disney Magic helped me peel, uh, heal, a bit.

I'd love to hear about your cruise plans too! ::yes:: I've never been on a cruise yet but it's high on my to do list, so I'd definitely enjoy hearing about yours!
That Donald tsum tsum is SOO cute! :lovestruc I see why you fell in love with that one. And I totally missed the build a bear convo, but I agree, best not to step inside. Once you go in and buy your first one, it's never ending and you'll come up with a bunch of excuses to justify buying them. (I promise I had a good reason to buy every one of mine :rolleyes1)

When your thread ends up on the third page. :scared1: Anyway, I'm back!

CRUISE PLANS

This is actually kind of hilarious because I don't really have a clue with what's going on with this. The cruise was all my mom's idea, so I just sort of let her run with it.

What Line: Royal Caribbean. Tbh, I got frustrated in the early days of planning. "Go check out the website, Jaimie." "Mom I can't navigate it." And that's saying something, because I'd like to think I'm fairly tech savvy.

Which Ship: the Freedom of the Seas. At one point it was the biggest cruise ship on the planet, but then RC made the Oasis class which is even BIGGER. :faint:

As you can see now, I've been very hesitant about this cruise. I have a strong stomach, which works in my favor, because I'm terrified of throwing up. No thank you to sea sickness. I'm also terrified of open water. I don't need my cruise ship to do the unthinkable while I'm on board.

When: June 7-14.

Where: We're stopping at 4 ports after we leave out of Florida. I don't know the order, but I do know the places. Cozumel, Mexico; Labadee, Haiti; Falmouth, Jamaica & George Town, Grand Cayman.

What we're doing: Liz and I signed up to do a Taco & Tequila tour in Cozumel. That should be fun. I know next to nothing about Tequila and it's a drink I usually avoid. But I kind of wanted to go for the tacos. We also have plans to go ziplining in Labadee. I *think* we have a swim with the dolphins or snorkeling plan at Grand Cayman. And we didn't sign up for any activities in Falmouth.

Why we're doing this: One part mom's retirement from working with the government (as a civilian) and two parts Liz and I are graduating from college.

I also found out that Liz and I are sharing a room that doesn't have a water view. I think we're overlooking some part of the ship that's more than just ship parts. That's a relief.

Up next: I Found My Kindle Charger and Remembered I can Shut Off Wi-Fi Which Means I can Read Books on my Cruise

Enjoy your cruise! I've been to Cozumel, Falmouth and George Town on my most recent Disney Cruise.

Enjoy the Taco & Tequila Tour! We did a mexican cooking class in Cozumel and well ended up um, drunk by the end.

Grand Cayman has some great snorkeling if you are into that.

I'M DONE WITH UNDERGRAD CLASSES. :sad::sad:

Enjoy your cruise! I've been to Cozumel, Falmouth and George Town on my most recent Disney Cruise.

Enjoy the Taco & Tequila Tour! We did a mexican cooking class in Cozumel and well ended up um, drunk by the end.

Grand Cayman has some great snorkeling if you are into that.

So jealous!! Swimming with dolphins has been a dream of mine for a long time.

The cruise plans sound amazing, hope you have a great time!

Thank you so much!

I don't graduate for awhile. This week is finals week, and then we have senior week after that. But as of right now. I have one last paper standing between me and officially being done with undergrad.

IMG_7112.JPG
So in honor of finishing my academic career, here's a comparison shot. On the left, my first day of Kindergarten in 1998 and a picture from Friday on the right.

I also finally settled on a graduation dress. This beauty is on its way from probably England because the sizing was UK and not US. Does it remind you of a certain Disney princess?

Is anyone still out there?
I got around to decorating my grad cap!

Attachments

• gradcap.png
    gradcap.png
    673.7 KB · Views: 3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter