Cruise Vacation Outlet - any reviews

iloveokw

DIS Veteran
Has anyone used Cruise Vacation Outlet to book their cruise? If so how was their customer service. Thanks.

:thumbsup2

We booked our upcoming Wonder cruise with MJ at CVO, and I have nothing but nice things to say about him. I've emailed him several times about different things, and he always calls be within a few hours, even if he could have just emailed me back. He's always really nice and helpful.

Likewise. Booked two cruises so far with CVO and their customer service has been very good.

I dug up this older posting to see if there are any current reviews and/or opinions of Cruise Vacation Outlets. I found them through CruiseCompete.com and their offer for OBCs is great.

Any opinions on Cruise Vacation Outlets???

TIA! :goodvibes

I dug up this older posting to see if there are any current reviews and/or opinions of Cruise Vacation Outlets. I found them through CruiseCompete.com and their offer for OBCs is great.

Any opinions on Cruise Vacation Outlets???

TIA! :goodvibes

I booked with Dawn at CVO for my upcoming September cruise. It is my first DCL cruise. She has been wonderful;very responsive to my questions. I shopped for best price on my own so I knew what she was quoting me was the best I was going to get, but the deal was made all the more sweeter with the OBC. It was the best I could find anywhere. No one else could or would offer to beat it (or even match it). :cool1: So it was an easy choice in that respect. I then added more to the OBC with my new Disney Visa and reward points. I found Dawn through cruisecompete.com. Only thing is she tried to sell me some crazy high priced insurance, but I think all TAs try to do that. I won't hold that against her, since my AAA agent and DCL try to do the same thing too. Nothing personal, just business I guess. I decided (based on advice share here) to buy my insurance on my own. It was cheaper. :thumbsup2

I booked with Dawn at CVO for my upcoming September cruise. It is my first DCL cruise. She has been wonderful;very responsive to my questions. I shopped for best price on my own so I knew what she was quoting me was the best I was going to get, but the deal was made all the more sweeter with the OBC. It was the best I could find anywhere. No one else could or would offer to beat it (or even match it). :cool1: So it was an easy choice in that respect. I then added more to the OBC with my new Disney Visa and reward points. I found Dawn through cruisecompete.com. Only thing is she tried to sell me some crazy high priced insurance, but I think all TAs try to do that. I won't hold that against her, since my AAA agent and DCL try to do the same thing too. Nothing personal, just business I guess. I decided (based on advice share here) to buy my insurance on my own. It was cheaper. :thumbsup2

Thank you very much for your response! :goodvibes

I also booked with Dawn and she was super....all my requests were fulfilled...no problems at all!

I also booked with Dawn at CVO using Cruisecompete.com for my B2B on the Dream on June 15, 2012. She was very accomodating. She answered all my questions. I found that they offered the best SBC. So I went with her.

Highly recommend using CVO, especially Dawn.:)

Several of you have mentioned a really good OBC, how much is it? I looked throught the website and it isn't listed???

K

I also have booked with Dawn Moseley at CVO. She has been great to work with. Actually, I have my second cruise booked with her. Both times I put in my info at cruisecompete.com and she and several other TA's came back with their best offers. She offered me either OBC or free trip insurance. I opted for the insurance as it was one less thing out of pocket up front. Even though I knew that I'd use her again for my upcoming cruise, I still did the cruisecompete thing. I've found it to be a valuable bargaining tool as it seems that most TA's will try and match whatever OBC that another TA will offer, at least in my experience :thumbsup2

Hi All,

When you made your final payment was the cruise line or the travel agent the one on your credit card statement?

Any trouble getting the OBCs?

Thanks,
SS

When I paid for my last one through CVO, DCL is who appeared on my bank statement. Also I had no issues with the OBC. It was waiting for me onboard. That said, I used another TA for a couple of cruises prior to using CVO and on the second cruise my OBC wasn't on file. Guest services called the TA and it was handled within minutes. My point is that mistakes occasionally do happen, but Disney is quick to correct it.

Hi All,

When you made your final payment was the cruise line or the travel agent the one on your credit card statement?

Any trouble getting the OBCs?

Thanks,
SS

We used CVO for our first cruise and Dawn took great care of us. With each payment that was madeit showed DCL on my statement. I had NO trouble whatsoever getting the OBC. There was a card in the cabin waiting for us that stated we had a "gift" from CVO. I contacted DCL to verify long before we left (after full payment) to verify that it was on our account.

We have used CVO for our last three cruises and LOVE them!! Our TA has been Richard Salo and he has been excellent..........no issues with the OBC!

So does using cruisecompete.com or Cruise Vacation Outlet actually get you a better deal on a cruise? Or is it just the added bonus of a better OBC?

So does using cruisecompete.com or Cruise Vacation Outlet actually get you a better deal on a cruise? Or is it just the added bonus of a better OBC?

I found Cruise Vacation Outlet through Cruise Compete. I've found that if you use Cruise Compete to get offers, you'll better be able to compare several prices and offers of "extras" such as stateroom credit or free trip insurance.

Another thumbs up for Dawn at CVO, OBC couldn't be beat! :thumbsup2
She is very nice and patient, we've used her for our last 2 cruises and have 2 more booked with her in the future!

The actual price of the cruise is going to be the same regardless of who you book with-there are no sales. Whatever DCL has listed is what the agents have to sell the cruise for.

OBC's, free gifts, free offers, rebates from the travel agency-those are what most folks are shopping around for.

If a TA says they have a better "price" that isn't being truthful. (I see ads on FACEBOOK all the time that say " Disney Cruises 70% off", not true.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter