• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

cruise..

bellesBFF

Mouseketeer
if you're an only child, or the only teen in the family, are you nervous/scared to go into the teen spot on the disney cruise ship? are you scared to be alone or not make friends? or do you just go in a talk to everyone?

well, the first time i went, i didn't know ANYBODY... and it was kinda awkward cause i'm shy at first(but once you get to know me i'm RLY loud!) so now for my upcoming cruise i went onto the cruise thread and hooked up with some other teens on facebook! it'll be so much easier, plus on the first day there is a DIS meet in the promenade lounge.

well, the first time i went, i didn't know ANYBODY... and it was kinda awkward cause i'm shy at first(but once you get to know me i'm RLY loud!) so now for my upcoming cruise i went onto the cruise thread and hooked up with some other teens on facebook! it'll be so much easier, plus on the first day there is a DIS meet in the promenade lounge.

thats exactly how i am but once you realize you can act differently than at home because no on really knows. you its a lot of fun. plus you are not going to see the majority of the people again.

Well, I am an only child, and when I was 7, my mom and me went on a Disney cruise. I am really shy and was even worse at that age, so my mom found a website where you can contact kids in your age group that are going on the cruise at the same time as you are, and you can send eachother emails ant what-not, so you will know somebody on the cruise. So i was sending letters back and forth to this one girl that seemed nice, and it was funny, because I came to an activity in the kid's section pretty late, and the lady at the sign- in desk paired me up with the same girl i had been talking to so she could show me around. It was silly and ironic. Or was it the magic of Disney? The world may never know...

oh gosh i hate to tell a terrible story but I really hated going into the teen club by myself last cruise!

I was 13 and my parents had signed me up, as most of my friends at home were 14 or 15 at the time. I had to go up to the club by myself and register and after that first day of awkwardly walking up those stairs and thinking (they probably weren't) what an idiot I was I didn't go back the whole cruise! I just sat around by myself and only made one friend who sat at my table for meals. She wasn't much of a disney person and didn't want to do any of the activities.

I really didn't have a good vacation, so I hope you don't do the same thing as me and let it ruin your cruise!
Goodluck :goodvibes

ive been twice with my sister its super nervous in the beginning but then once i got to know people it was alot of fun! im going in jan on the maiden voyage if anyone is going!!

Mini story......

I went on my second disney cruise almost two aprils ago and I was the only teen in my family. I am an extremely outgoing person but HATE to intorduce myself....and i ALWAYS forget to ask peoples names. Anyways I was waiting in line for pictures and a teen girl was in front of me....we started talking and then decided to meet on the upper deck after dinner and then go to the teen club together. We sat at the top of the stairs and yelled HI! at everyone who came up.....no one responded.....then she said OMG look at that boy hes super cute he was standing at the bottom of the stairs and we were at the top so I screamed hi at him and he came and talked to us. We hung out all week and almost two years later we are STILL dating! Thanks disney<3 Ilive in California and he lives in LV nevada. We see eachother about every 3-4 months and have an amazing relationship. So dont be scared.....just start talking......hardl any teens know other people on the ship.

so i have been on 4 cruises.. and the first one i was soo scared and shy so i didnt even go to the teen club, BIG MISTAKE! The second cruise i just went in and sat down and people came and talked to me which was super nice.. And by the third cruise i figured out to just walk in and be super out going and people will LOVE to talk to you! But dont be afraid to go because you meet amazing people and you have a blast with them! :)

i'm not an only child, but when i went on a cruse i had just turned (12 or 13) the minimum age for the "teen" part, but i went in anyway. i made really good friends, i literally walked up to someone and introduce myself. that was 4 years ago. i still talk to them today :-)

sure it's intimidating, but that's life. the better you are at being nice to people you don't know, the better you'll be with handling people later in life.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter