Cruising as a Single Parent

DisneyCruise_Toronto

Earning My Ears
Hello, I will be taking my two daughters (8&6) on the Disney Dream Caribbean trip, Nov 6th departure. Are there usually a fair amount of other single parents on the cruise? Thanks in advance.
Chris

Hi Chris, check the cruise meets here on Dis and possible on that social media website for your specific cruise.

I travel as a single mom and by far cruising is the easiest vacations for me. On our first cruise I had to assign time each day for my daughter to go to the club because she is shy, but this time she was almost never with me. We tend to start out having breakfast as a family but later in the cruise I let them sleep in. We always have dinner together and sometimes see the shows or movies together.

Hope you have a wonderful vacation.

I have cruised several times without DH but with my son, and Disney placed us at a table with 3 other single adults traveling with one child each on two of those cruises. Small sample, but yes, i would say a you will probably run into a few pairs of one parent with child(ren) on most cruises. If you haven't already, see if there is a meet thread for your cruise. You may be able to "meet" a few other singles prior to getting on board.

Just realized your cruise is next week. Have fun!

My daughter and I are anxiously awaiting our 6th DCL cruise - we first sailed when she was 5. We LOVE it! I would still try to find the meet group for your cruise to see if any other single parents are cruising with you. If not, it has been my experience that Disney does a good job of matching you at dinner with other families with kids the same age. We have loved all our tablemates and have made friends with them all!

It is a great vacation - have a fabulous time and prepare to get hooked!

This is very encouraging for me to read. I am seriously thinking of going on a 4 day cruise without my husband but with my tween son. Just would like to meet other single moms or dad's just to chat and hang with around during the cruise.

We were on the Magic a few weeks ago and the single parents hung out with the married parents the whole time, we had a ton of fun together.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter