Cruising Bahamas during hurricane season

https://disneycruiselineblog.com/20...-the-disney-fantasy-to-the-western-caribbean/
If you are already on a scheduled Western, there will likely be no impact to yours - and therefore no need to communicate - based on the projected path. Now, if the path changes and seems like it will go into the area that the Western covers on the 8/31 cruise, yes, they could change it to an Eastern or alter the ports. And there could be very little notice. It's most important that they keep guests, crew, and ships safe, and they will make decisions based on that.

Thanks for sharing the info!

Can you share where you found that information? I'm on the upcoming western that leaves 8/31 and can't find anything that would suggest a change. The weather advisory page says "Disney Cruise Line has no current announcements or advisories". Nor has there been any communication to passengers from Disney.
It's this week's cruise that is getting rerouted, not yours.

We'll be on the Dream on 8/30 as well. This should be interesting! As much as I want to go to Castaway again I'd be okay if the ship never left Port and we got to the enjoy the ship for 3 days :) Just hope we don't have an outright cancellation (which is rare).

Last edited:

I'm on that cruise as well. We fly down on Friday. I've been watching the tracker like a hawk. Hoping for the best preparing for the worst.

I'm on that cruise as well. We fly down on Friday. I've been watching the tracker like a hawk. Hoping for the best preparing for the worst.

I'm trying to only check twice a day lol! :fish:We are supposed to fly in Sunday, then embark on Monday.
Fingers crossed for both of us, and yes hoping for the best!

I'm trying to only check twice a day lol! :fish:We are supposed to fly in Sunday, then embark on Monday.
Fingers crossed for both of us, and yes hoping for the best!

I called DCL earlier and they don't seem too worried. It doesn't seem like it's going to effect us embarking on Monday. I'm more worried about what it's going to do to my Saturday and Sunday in the parks before heading to the port.

I just talked to DCL too! I agree about your weekend being iffy, especially after reading about the recent power outages there. (Ponchos and Tevas!)
For us, at this time it's more about whether to adjust our flights; I'm certainly not flying down into a tropical storm on Sunday! :umbrella:

Currently on the Fantasy. We have been re-routed to Grand Cayman and Cozumel. We have had amazing weather so far.
I’m here with you and agree, the weather has been phenomenal! Keeping fingers crossed for Friday (CC day) but the staff seem pretty optimistic. They got rained out in the morning last week until about 1pm, and they said that was pretty rare, even for hurricane season.

Based on what the projection is now, it will be hitting the Florida coast Sunday early afternoon as a tropical storm. The fantasy will have to get out of port and down the coast quickly on Saturday. CC Sunday for the Dream May happen if the storm doesn’t do any damage as it passes by.

We will be keeping a close eye and hope it turns more to the north as the week progresses.

I know there is still room for this storm to dissipate or change course, but based on the current track we changed our arriving flights from Sunday to Saturday and booked that night at the airport Hyatt to be safe. We'll continue to watch it the next couple of days.

I know the focus here is on the cruises and whether we will sail, but I'm praying for the people of Puerto Rico and other islands the storm may hit. I hope everyone stays safe. :hug:

On the Fantasy 8/31... Sending good vibes and well wishes for us to have a normal departure and the current cruisers to have a wonderful time despite the re-route.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter