cruising disabled?

salbythec

DIS Veteran
I am going on the 4 day wonder cruise. I use a walker for long distance and if I get tired. I want to bring it on the ship in case I need it. I will need it to stand in line and if we get off the ship. Will there be space for me to store it? Its the one with a seat. Also do you think I should see if I can get a handicapped room? We have a navigators room now.:sunny:

bumping this up for more replies.
I have not been on a cruise, but have read a lot of posts from people who have.
If your walker folds, I don't think you would have any problem with having it in your room (although cruise ship rooms are small). The people on the Cruise Ship Board could probably tell you for sure if you post there and let them know how big it is.
I think that you need to have a medical letter to reserve a handicapped stateroom.

You don't need a handicapped room with using a walker- they are mainly needed if you can't get in/out of a wheelchair as the doors are wider or if you need a roll-in shower. If you have a navigator's verandah then you are in the aft section and should be fairly close to an elevator. There's no problem with storage and you should have plenty of room to keep your walker with you. There is also seating for the disabled at the rear and front of the Walt Disney Theater and also in the rear of the movie theater so you can avoid stairs but you should arrive early to the shows. Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter