Cruising on Oct 23, 2004 Disney Magic?

tinapomp

Hello everyone! :wave:

I'm pretty new here, but that's because I just booked my first Disney Cruise! :Pinkbounc My fiancee and I are going on our honeymoon on board the Disney Magic for the 7 night Western Carribean Cruise from October 23 - 30, 2004.

I was just wondering who else would be joining us?

See you there!

:earseek:

We are not on yours, just a month ahead on the Sept 25, 2004 Western. I cringe everytime I look at the calendar when I see how far away it is....but oddly enough I put a constant reminder with the countdown timer:rolleyes:

Hopefully time will fly! You will find the BEST information on these boards...the info we found here really made our 4 night Wonder cruise last Oct the best it could be! It was our HM cruise, too! So read up, and we'll both patiently (yeah, right;) ) wait until our turns come up! I know it will be worth the wait! Your time will most certainly go by faster if you are planning the wedding, too. It'll be there before you know it!

By the way, get used to the "little souviner" joke from the commercial from people when you tell them what you are doing for your HM! I came back disappointing people!

Hi, there

We're going, too! Booked this way-far-ahead cruise to ease the pain of dual layoffs (can you believe the luck of that?)...gave us something to look forward to when our lives stabilize again. We've been on the 4-day Wonder twice and are eager to experience the Magic and an extra 3 days aboard. We'll be in stateroom 6078. By then it might be a celebration of our first wedding anniversary as well as my honey's birthday. Until then we plan to really enjoy the loooong build of anticipation...and, when we get re-hired, try to sneak in another Wonder cruise and bring the kids (7 & 10) along. Everytime we hear "Walking on Sunshine" we're taken back to the Wonder sailaway party and are so glad we've got another cruise booked, no matter how far away it is! We'll be happy to meet you on board!

:cool:

I know, our vacations seem soooo far away - like they'll never get here! I can't wait though! :bounce:

My cruise is going to be my honeymoon cruise, and there are so many people telling me that it'll be here before I know it, but when I look at how far away it is, I wonder! :eek:

two-foxes: I don't understand the 'little souveneir' joke though. If it's a commercial, I've never seen it. :o

Hi Skylynx!! Sorry to hear about the dual layoffs! :( I sure hope things get better for you soon!

We're going to be in # 6652, in a Cat 6 room. It'll be great to meet you! :smooth:

BTW - I'm originally from Chicago. My parents live in Niles, and my fiancee and I are going to be getting married in Chicago. :jester:

Oh My Goodness! The little souvinier commercial is the cutest! I'll pathetically try to describe it, but it is so cute...and everyone joking with me about it.

A Mother, young daughter and infant son are on an elevator with other people. The daughter starts talking about what a great time she had on the cruise. One of the elevator passengers askes the mom "did you just get back?" The mom said "no, we went a year ago, but she can't stop talking about it." The mom mentions the spa, etc.. Then the daughter says "and that's my brother, my mom calls him her little souvinier."

Cute. My description simply does not do it justice. But if you hear someone say it to you, now you know!

Have fun, hang in there, the big day will come soon!

Small world...we're in Chicago, too, though not originally from there. I'm from New York, John is a Brit. We live in the western suburbs.

I know how far away the trip sounds, but it goes much faster than you think. Plus I believe the best way to make the most of it is to really work the anticipation angle. On my honey and my first cruise, we had over six months to wait. We took books out from the library or bought the guides on the Bahamas and cruising, read the trip reports on Disboards and other sites, watched the cruiseline travel agent video, pored over the printed guide over and over again...plus, we went shopping! We each bought cruise clothes (ok, enough for a twenty five day cruise, but still) when they went on sale. It was a great source of joy to try on and pick out tropical shirts and capris and sandals and cocktail dresses and nautical jewelry using coupons and watching the sales, getting just one or two items at a time.

By the time the actual cruise came along we had worked ourselves into such a state! But it was wonderful to have had the "insider knowledge" gained from all that research. And we got to regularly fondle the new clothes and books and swim fins kept in a "cruise drawer." It was nice to have something tangible to remind us the cruise was distant but ever approaching.

We might even be on the same plane heading down to Orlando...it might be fun to use each other as "countdown buddies" this next year to keep our spirits up when the voyage seems so distant. And we'll certainly rendezvous on the ship.

Talk to you soon...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter