Cruising The Canal May 1, 2015 (Roll Call in Post 1)

So I am kind of in a pickle for Cartagena. All my mom wants me to bring back is Columbian coffee but the excursion I plan to take lasts from 8:00 am until 2:15 pm. So I doubt the shops will be open before I head out and I do not think I will have time after the excursion. I am wondering if there might be anyone interested in helping me out by picking the coffee up for me? If so please PM me and we can get together onboard to work out details :-)

San Diego to Disneyland. Does anyone have any recommendations for taxi/limo to get to Disneyland? Also do you know what time we will disembark and clear customs etc, we are on 1st dining. Thanks.

Probably by 9 or 10 we will be off the ship. I'd either rent a car and drive or take the train up to Anaheim (and finish via taxi). It is a very straightforward drive to Disneyland, just take the 5 north from downtown San Diego and get off at the Disneyland exit. Generally about a 90 minute drive at that time of day.

Does anyone know the policies for Amtrak out of San Diego? It didn't seem that we'd be able to make the 9:25 train by just a little bit so we're on a train for Anaheim around noon because only every other train will take luggage. We bought business class tickets to reserve seats.

If we were able to manage to get to the train station early enough, would we be able to change those noon tickets to the 9:25 train? How early might we need to be? 9:00ish? I might be game for just a quick breakfast snack and earlier off the boat if it seemed at least 50/50 we could get onto that earlier train. 2.5 more hours in Disneyland would be worth it, right?

EDIT: Sorry, meant to add that reading their website seems to imply that you can change the tickets, but I'm more wondering about how close the timing would be before they would refuse, or something else I'm not even thinking about.

In my admittedly limited experience we have been able to change trains, as long as there are seats available. I would not swear to the fact that you can, but I'd say there is a good chance. The trains do not stay in each stop for very long, HOWEVER downtown San Diego is the start of the line, so they allow slightly more time there. It really just depends on how many people are getting on that train, and I guess how much luggage is going in. We were not downtown when we changed our time, but we did randomly hop on and off the train and then get back on whichever one came by when we were ready. I'm not sure how it would work with business class, since you have reserved seats - you may actually need to go to the counter to switch seats, so in that case I'd say you would want at least thirty minutes in case there's a line. You may just be able to make the switch with the phone app once you are at the station. Maybe even keep track of availability through the app.

Sorry for the stream of consciousness... just woke up and my brain is still fuzzy!

Just wanted to let everybody here know that Disney has confirmed Diversions as the meeting place for our Embarkation day Meet & Greet. Please come along any time after 2 (up until lifeboat drill) on embarkation day, meet your fellow cruisers. If you wish to bring candy from your local area, to swap, you can but this is not a requirement.

Looking forward to meeting everybody :)

Not long now............I have never seen my husband so excited about a cruise!!! He will be up soooooooooo early for the Panama Canal bit!!! I might have breakfast in bed :cloud9:. Didn't get our cruise documents apparently too late now, I am sure it will be fine. Happy travelling everyone!:sail:

Woohoo! We're excited too.

Finalizing our FE gifts and picking our candy for swapping. Thanks for organizing Wilma-bride!

Can you let me know if you have us down for Mixology? I'm not sure if I had sent detailed enough info to be on the list. Thanks

We are all set for this cruise. George and Tonia from Boise, Idaho. No kids with us as our youngest is in college..... Looking forward to this awesome experience. This is our second Disney cruise. We were on the Wonder in March for the first time and loved it.

We are all set for this cruise. George and Tonia from Boise, Idaho. No kids with us as our youngest is in college..... Looking forward to this awesome experience. This is our second Disney cruise. We were on the Wonder in March for the first time and loved it.

Enjoy Castaway Club status and the in cabin gifts it brings! We did a cruise a couple of years ago without the kids and loved it. Bringing them this time because we love cruising with them too!

See you in 9 days!!

Woohoo! We're excited too.

Finalizing our FE gifts and picking our candy for swapping. Thanks for organizing Wilma-bride!

Can you let me know if you have us down for Mixology? I'm not sure if I had sent detailed enough info to be on the list. Thanks

Hi Suzanne, I did reply above. Unfortunately I had already finalised the groups and sent them to DCL before I saw your post. You should be able to book onto a mixology session on board though, sorry about that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter