Cruising tips

Bellaboo2000

Earning My Ears
Thanks to everyone that has been helpful in my search of tips.
Okay, I know I am obsessing; however, are there any more helpful suggestions out there?
This is what I have so far....
Bring: Ziplocs, Air freshner,Extension cord, over door shoe holder,
small fan, night light, waterproof Id holder, Tide tablets, dryer sheets, shout packets, alarm clock, flashlights, walkie talkies, soft sided cooler, duct tape, clothes pins, dishwashing liquid, antibacterial packets, roll of quarters, small bills, address labels, collapsible hamper, pillowcases for characters to sign, mini-scrapbook, safe sea sunscreen, Bonine, and small llife vest for small children. Oh yeah...I probably ought to bring my clothes.

Other things to ponder:
Put swim suit in carryon or wear under clothing upon check-in
Order basket from Shirley's perfect baskets
Make reservations for Palo's and Spa right immediately after boarding and lunch.
Order cheese tray and lemonage from room service.
If going into port order sandwiches.

Whew...is that it or is there more??? I can't seem to get enough information. I think I have become cruise obsessed.
:cool:

It's also helpful to bring tylenol, including childrens if you are bringing kids and antacid if you aren't use to eating a lot of food. My daughter became sick with a really high fever and the tylenol really came in handy.

A highlighter, several different colors if you have more than one person, so you can highlight the things each of you want to do on each days Navigator.

I am packed to leave this weekend and I have all of the above and more. I also have bungee cords, bug spray, shoes, shoes & more shoes. And probably more clothes than I would wear in a month. I feel sorry for the luggage porters,lol

Thanks for all the tips! I plan on using many of them.

BTW, what is the duct tape for? I am probably going to pack some too, but can't quite figure out what I'm supposed to use it for?

Thanks!

You go BeanTeam! Bring that duct tape! (It's for things such as banging doors that sway with the waves, an extension cord that should stay closer to the wall, the drape that might not stay closed otherwise.) 1M and 1 uses! :D

So if the duct tape does everything, what are the clothes pins for?:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

clothes pins are needed for hanging swimsuits on the line in the bath.......and bring more than one suit per person as it can take a long time for them to dry!

Bring Pepto tablets too.....the food is excellent, but rich, if you know what I mean:p

In an effort to find out what duct tape is (I'm Welsh, we probably call it something different). I came across this
www.ducttapeguys.com
Worth a look if you want any more uses for the stuff!!!!:rolleyes:

also take plenty of sunscreen. It is cheaper to get at home then buy in port or on the ship, and the same goes for disposable water cameras. You can get them for about $7.88 at walmart, versus paying $16 or more while you are on vacation.

Kaslee....I have seen that site before and it is quite interesting to see what you can with duct tape. My hubby swears by the uses of this stuff...it is actually a running joke in our house when something breaks...we all say, well better find the duct tape!!!

What would call it this kind of product in Wales???

MJ

Also, permanent marker for writing on your soda mugs, etc. If you have a daughter who will be getting her hair braided, stick sunscreen so her scalp doesn't burn between the corn rows.

Definately wear your swimsuits under your clothing when you board. We were first in line to board, so on the ship really early. We dropped our carryons in our room, ate lunch and went back to our room which was ready. Our luggage was delivered within an hour of us boarding so my DH took the kids to the pool while I unpacked. It was the only time they really went into the pool. It wasn't crowded and the water was still very clean.

I always pack a small pair of binoculars for use from my verandah ,you should see what goes on in the other cruise ships :p (just kidding about that), a can of wrinkle remover helps cut down on the ironing, out last room had a clock w/an alarm in it so you may want to eliminate that.

Oooo . . .do tell about the scrapbooking stations at WDW! We love to scrapbook and plan to do a few presents as a result of this extended family trip

Thanks

:bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

Headed to the Wonder on 6/11/03

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter