• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruising to Mexico, Disney Style: Sept. 25 - Oct. 2, 2011 - ~*~UPDATED 10/30!~*~

I had so much fun reading all about your trip! You both would be so fun to meet on a cruise - maybe someday I'll get to go on a Disney cruise :cloud9:

I just moved back to Oregon so maybe I can save for the same cruise you both took - you definitely convinced me it would be a blast! Thanks for sharing, was so sad to see your journey end!

aww, i've had a blast reading along!!! i leave for my first Disney cruise in 2 weeks, yet i felt so sad for this one to come to an end!!!! thanks so much for sharing your fantabulous trip report!

Thank you so much for reading along! :flower3: I wish I was leaving for a Disney Cruise in two weeks, haha. You know, I never considered cruising for a vacation until the past year and now I'm totally hooked. You are going to have a wonderful time, and I hope my TR has helped you get pumped for it!

You have been a WEALTH of great information. Your writing style is delightful. I wish we were close enough to grab a bite together and visit.

We leave on the 11/6 Wonder cruise. I'm about to jump outta my skin!!! Wheeeee!

That is so sweet of you, thank you! I'm glad I could help you get ready for next week - eek! I hope you have a wonderful time!

Your trip report includes some great pictures and I love your writing style! We were on the cruise last week and just got home yesterday. We had a fabulous cruise and stayed on the boat for the first Cabo day too which gave us a chance to experience the ship when it was a tad less crowded. My son loved the Dolphin Swim in Cabo on the second day and it was fun to go along as an observer. Beautiful facility and the dolphins are treated well. In PV we did the Las Caletas trip which was really fun so didn't get out to walk around the port area much.

P.S. at the Pub Night skit last week, Kat was the blackjack dealer, Emma was the seamstress and Trent (so funny to see) was in the tutu LOL

Thank you! I loved staying on the ship to experience it when it's much quieter. I think if I ever go back to PV I will do Las Caletas. We had a great time walking around PV but I think once was enough. Haha I bet Kat made a great blackjack dealer; she is such a ham!

Thank you Christy!! I've been reading along since your first post - your upbeat attitude is totally infectious! I'll be crossing my fingers for your bar results, too:yoda: I've heard it's a hard one, so here's hopin'!

Thank you!!!! Results come out in :eek: 16 days, so I need all of the crossed fingers and good karma I can get :laughing: Thank you for reading along.

Thank you SO much Christy for doing this TR. You were so funny and were very detailed! I feel much more prepared for my MR cruise coming up in about 6 weeks! :woohoo:

I'm so glad I could help. I wish I were cruising in 6 weeks with you! Let me know if there's any other questions I might be able to help out with! :cutie:

Queen's English or Oxford English. I was raised with Oxford English and then moved as a 10 year old to the outskirts of London. My Dad used to tell my brother and I off for switching to the local dialect and not using our Oxford English!

Sigrid

Thanks Sigrid! I think it's so cool that considering the geographic size of England, there are so many different kinds of accents. And I swear that folks who speak Queen's/Oxford English just automatically sound smarter. :rotfl:

I had so much fun reading all about your trip! You both would be so fun to meet on a cruise - maybe someday I'll get to go on a Disney cruise :cloud9:

I just moved back to Oregon so maybe I can save for the same cruise you both took - you definitely convinced me it would be a blast! Thanks for sharing, was so sad to see your journey end!

Thank you!! Yes, cruising is so much fun, and was relatively reasonable for us price-wise considering the length of the trip and everything that was included (although these prices that have come out for the Dream and Fantasy in 2013 are well beyond anything I could ever afford). Hopefully prices will calm down and us regular folk will be able to cruise DCL :)

Ooh Christy I do have a question..

I know it's a Disney cruise so I 'expect' to see a lot of kids on the cruise. But with the "Kids Sail Free" promotion, did you find that there were a lot more kids than you would normally see?

I know it's a Disney cruise so I 'expect' to see a lot of kids on the cruise. But with the "Kids Sail Free" promotion, did you find that there were a lot more kids than you would normally see?

You know, I think the KSF promotion started the week after my cruise. I remember reading on our meet thread that people were moving their cruises one week ahead to take advantage of the promotion but I am not 100% sure.

Either way, there were plenty of kids on the ship. However, I rarely saw a lot of them but for dinner, character meets, and shows. I don't remember any instances where I noticed any children particularly misbehaving (other than the group of teens talking at the beginning of Cars 2)...but it could be that I tuned it out. :)

You know, I think the KSF promotion started the week after my cruise. I remember reading on our meet thread that people were moving their cruises one week ahead to take advantage of the promotion but I am not 100% sure.

Either way, there were plenty of kids on the ship. However, I rarely saw a lot of them but for dinner, character meets, and shows. I don't remember any instances where I noticed any children particularly misbehaving (other than the group of teens talking at the beginning of Cars 2)...but it could be that I tuned it out. :)

Oh gotcha thanks :thumbsup2

We didn't have an issue with rowdy kids on our Bahamian cruise (except for a few times when the CM's told the parents that their children weren't allowed to be in the adult pool area). I figure it probably won't be much of an issue with this upcoming cruise, just wanted to see if you noticed.

Christy: Thank you so much for posting this detailed and entertaining trip report!! My family and I are going on the Mexican Riviera cruise on November 20th, and your report has us even more excited than we were before! What a trip of a lifetime that you and your bff will remember forever! :cloud9:

P.S. Good luck on passing the bar exam! From one attorney to another (soon!), I understand what a crazy time in life the waiting period can be. You are almost there!!:cheer2:

Christy thanks so much for sharing your trip & you better come back & post when you get your results!!!!

Christy: Thank you so much for posting this detailed and entertaining trip report!! My family and I are going on the Mexican Riviera cruise on November 20th, and your report has us even more excited than we were before! What a trip of a lifetime that you and your bff will remember forever! :cloud9:

P.S. Good luck on passing the bar exam! From one attorney to another (soon!), I understand what a crazy time in life the waiting period can be. You are almost there!!:cheer2:

Thank you so much, especially for the kind words about this waiting period. It's excruciating! You and your family will have a wonderful time on the Wonder. I wish I were going with you!

Christy thanks so much for sharing your trip & you better come back & post when you get your results!!!!

Thanks! Hopefully I will have some good news in a couple of weeks. :cutie:

Girl, you rocked it! I loved it! I totally agree with the Palo's tea. I enjoyed it, but it is not a must. It was fun.

What was the weather like on your last sea day? I leave in 14 days, and I am dying with anticipation.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your TR. I appreciate the time you took to share your memories, information, and photos. Your tips are very helpful too! Reading it felt like I was on the journey with you! I'm excited for our MR cruise coming up on 12/4/11. I should have gone to sleep already but I felt the need the read your entire TR in one sitting and I'm glad I did. Thank you and I'm crossing my fingers and hoping you passed the bar!

Great job on the trip report. Much appreciated as we're booked on the March 25 sailing and working on details now. Would you mind PMing the name of your car service?

Thanks

Girl, you rocked it! I loved it! I totally agree with the Palo's tea. I enjoyed it, but it is not a must. It was fun.

What was the weather like on your last sea day? I leave in 14 days, and I am dying with anticipation.

Thanks for the compliment! :) I remember the weather being kinda warm but really windy. Maybe because we were moving so quickly to get back to LA? Oh I'm so jealous that you're cruising so soon! You are going to have such an amazing time. Tell the Wonder I say hi :goodvibes

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your TR. I appreciate the time you took to share your memories, information, and photos. Your tips are very helpful too! Reading it felt like I was on the journey with you! I'm excited for our MR cruise coming up on 12/4/11. I should have gone to sleep already but I felt the need the read your entire TR in one sitting and I'm glad I did. Thank you and I'm crossing my fingers and hoping you passed the bar!

Thank you, I'm glad that I could be of some help to you. :) I spent hours on the DIS before my cruise, trying to glean tips and information to help in my planning so my goal was to provide some of that to future MR cruisers! I hope you have a wonderful time in December. And thanks for the crossed fingers, 'cause I need 'em! :cutie:

Great job on the trip report. Much appreciated as we're booked on the March 25 sailing and working on details now. Would you mind PMing the name of your car service?

Sent!

Ooh Christy I do have a question..

Our cruise (Oct. 23-30th) was a KSF cruise and it didn't seem overrun by kids. The kids club didn't seem bulging at the seems either. The pools always seemed crowded, though I can't blame everyone, we had great weather!

Great report! I'm hoping to do a MR some of these days and combine a couple of days at DL!

good luck on the bar exam....2 more days until results!

Jill in CO

Great report! I'm hoping to do a MR some of these days and combine a couple of days at DL!

good luck on the bar exam....2 more days until results!

Jill in CO

Thank you Jill! :flower3:

I still have to write my disembarkation entry, but I wanted to pop in real quick and update you guys...I passed the CA Bar Exam! :woohoo: I'm still in shock that I passed it on my first try.

Thank you Jill! :flower3:

I still have to write my disembarkation entry, but I wanted to pop in real quick and update you guys...I passed the CA Bar Exam! :woohoo: I'm still in shock that I passed it on my first try.

Congratulations!!! :cheer2::banana: That is awesome news!!!

First, I would like to say congrats on passing the bar exam! That's awesome! :)

Second, I would like to say thanks for writing this TR.. I've really enjoyed reading it, and the tips are great! My MR cruise is in February, so it's a few months away, but I know it will be here soon enough! Looks like you had a blast on your trip - thanks for sharing it with us! It's been a lot of fun reading about it and seeing your wonderful pics! Thanks again and congrats!! :cool1::thumbsup2

5 weeks to our cruise to MR!!! I am taking my DS 8 on this cruise and we are ecstatic. I loved reading your TR and it helped get me excited for this trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter