• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cruising with an 18 month old

We took a city mini on our first cruise and it was great for cruising around the ship, However you cannot fit it through the stateroom door and must fold it to take into and out of your cabin, as a plus it will fit under the bed. The last cruise we got the City Tour which worked better as it would fit through the stateroom door no problem. Keep in mind you will not need a stroller at Castaway Cay as they have free strollers and wagons for the beach.

We sailed recently with twin 1 year olds and they had a blast.
We did Toddler Time whenever it appeared on the schedule, and we went to the kids club every time they had an open house. Andy's room was a big hit with them.

They also loved the moving pictures around the ship, riding in the elevators, playing in the atrium, Nemo's Reef, watching movies at the pool, dance parties, and of course the characters. My DD sat through all of the nightly shows, though my DS did not.

As far as snacks go, definitely bring things like fruit pouches, crackers, applesauce, puffs or favorite cereal. We found that good "toddler snacks" were hard to find around the ship. I mean, of course there is always ice cream.
You can also grab extra things at breakfast and store them in your stateroom fridge for later. We did this with yogurt, muffins, cheese, milk, etc.

We also did Jack's Diaper Dash, which is very very fun :)

I am reading this thread and taking note of various tips for my sister.

I thought I would pass on a tip I found helpful when my kids were little and using bottles a sippy cups. Buy some cheap sponges and a cheap bottle brush from the dollar store. Cut the sponges into quarters and lay on a towel. Put dish soap on the sponges and let them dry. After they are dry pack them with the bottle brush. Then you can just use the sponge and throw it away and you don't need to pack the dish soap. We still do this to wash water bottles and stuff, it really works great for us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter