CRV pre-sales

UConnJack

"Everyone's special Dash", "That's saying nobody i
Once CRV is announced and put on sale, I wonder how much of it will get sold to existing DVC members during pre-sale (and assuming that Greenban has already bought 1/3 of the resort points on spec)? With the interest of current DVC members in the CRV, I would guess this will be the strongest pre-sale event that DVC has had, hands down. I know current DVC members won't sell the place out, but I wonder realistically what kind of % they will take?

I also wouldn't be surprised to see a glut of resales at that time as those with more limited finances dump their other contracts to get into CRV.

Okay I'm a new DVC owner and I trying to learn everything I can. This website is awesome. Don;t think I have ever heard CRV?? Can you help

Thanks

Okay I'm a new DVC owner and I trying to learn everything I can. This website is awesome. Don;t think I have ever heard CRV?? Can you help

Thanks

It's a yet to be built resort, "Contemporary Resort Villas". It's mostly just a rumor, but a stong one, and most people believe it will be built considering construction documents that have been filed and the current demolition of the north wing of the Contemporary Resort.

Oh now I understand, thanks so much... That would be great, but now I am sure the heat is on for AKV, looks great too

Thanks Again Uconn

Thanks

CRV = DIS abbreviation for Contemporary Resort Villas = a rumored expansion of DVC.

I dunno, guides have been swamped with people buy AKV so I wouldn't jump the gun and say it would have the strongest pre-sale.

That said, I told my guide months ago that if they ever do CRV that I will be buying....and probably a lot too.

If it gets built will that cause VWL resale price to drop?
If it gets built but is just a hotel will VWL resale price go up?
Is it worth owning at Contemp and VWL?

I don't think anyone can give you an accurate answer to you first two question, only conjecture.

As far as being worth it - I think only you can say if it is worth it to you.

Of course not, just looking for conjecture. People like conjecture. :goodvibes

:lmao: Ok, here is some total conjecture in the true sense of the word.

Depends on when. If it is built in the next few years I doubt it. People buy for theming as well as proximity. I think there will always be people who love VWL and hate CR.

Probably a bit but prices will most likely go down as the end of contract date gets within 15 years.

For me no. My family is not fond of VWL. I think they are all wackos anyway so this just confirms it. We all love CR and if DVC comes there we will be on it like white on rice.

depends upon why you brought. If you love WL/VWL (which some of us do) - then no the prices won't drop. BWV prices increases with the opening of BCV. I would expect the same.

your second question don't know. I would be so mad at disney... we can share if we must - but I want at least part of the new building to be for DVC.

Yes it is worth owning at Cont and VWL - they are two very, very different resorts.

now if you just want a DVC resort near the MK either would work.

but lots of us love WL/VWL. Not so many love Cont - but hopefully that will change if DVC does a good job on the building. which I am expecting!!!

Once CRV is announced and put on sale, I wonder how much of it will get sold to existing DVC members during pre-sale (and assuming that Greenban has already bought 1/3 of the resort points on spec)? With the interest of current DVC members in the CRV, I would guess this will be the strongest pre-sale event that DVC has had, hands down. I know current DVC members won't sell the place out, but I wonder realistically what kind of % they will take?

I also wouldn't be surprised to see a glut of resales at that time as those with more limited finances dump their other contracts to get into CRV.

I can't imagine "YOU" would consider buying sight unseen! Not like those poor souls buying over at SSR! What would that say about you?

I can't imagine "YOU" would consider buying sight unseen! Not like those poor souls buying over at SSR! What would that say about you?

Sight unseen at an existing resort is a lot different than sight unseen at an empty piece of land.

there is nothing wrong with SSR. It is very, very lovely.

plus I am very surprised - DVC never before has started sales without even a model to show people.

Now I brought VWL unseem - but hey I LOVED VWL - so I couldn't see DVC beginning worst. (It was better - my opinion)

Sorry, who is Greenban??

I don't know what the % of current owners buying at CRV would be. Just looking at these boards, while there are lots of folks hoping for CRV there are are many who say that they are not interested.

For me, while I love the idea of a monorail DVC, I really don't like that c-shaped thing that is floating around (sorry to those who love it...I love the idea of CRV, just not that particular building design). So I think it would be on-par with the initial AKV sales and buzz we've seen this week.

Location matters to a lot of owners (as opposed to theme, parking in front of your villa, etc.), so that will be the big draw, certainly.

Honestly, I think they could sell AKV and CRV at the same time.

AKV people will jump on the theming and the opportunity to book that Savanna View and the option for Concierge privileges. They won't care about "location"..for them AKV is a location in and of itself.

CRV people will want that MONORAIL! AND the easy access to MK. This is where "location" will be a big factor to the buyer, as well as the coveted MK view.

I've heard that they will only sell one property at a time, but I really think that they could have a fairly easy time selling both AKV and CRV, if they ever make it official and start the building process.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter