:crying: Please someone help (Space 220)

Last trip ever? That sounds stressful!

as a family we only go every so many years. My youngest will be 7 during this trip. So many other places as a family we’d like to see, and at the price point of a Disney vacation, cheaper as well.

Our trip from December 4th to 9th is our last trip to Orlando, and I was hoping to land a reservation to Space 220. My oldest is a space lover and this is something she really wants to see.

Anyway I was on at midnight trying to snag a reservation at the earliest time we could make reservations. Ugh booked up fully. I’ve been checking every waking hour since and no luck. Also set up a reservation finder through Touring Plans with no luck.

So am I SOL for this week? Should I keep trying? Would I be better off playing the lottery?

ugh so darn stressful......
What time zone are you in? ADR reservations open up at 5:45 - 6:00 a.m. east coast time not midnight & opened a week ago for trips starting 12/4.
This morning our ADR window opened - two of us were primed & ready one on the east coast logged on at 5:30 & me on the west coast logged on at 2:30 a.m. my time - Space 220 was the first to try for w/ one trying for day 66, the other for day 70 - booking opened at 6 a.m. & we got both dates & canceled day 70 in favor of our preferred day 66.
The strategy to get a space 220 ADR seems very similar to what you had to do to get hard to get FPs, go for the hardest to get eg: Space first & try for as late in your vacation as you can. By the time we’d gotten all 10 days of ADRs booked - so like 6:30 a.m., we checked Space again out of curiosity & for days 60-65 it was booked, but there was still some availability beyond that.

Last edited:
That would be awesome! I would have to add a park day, but at this point I’m willing too.

Should have been more specific in saying our EPCOT day is on December 5th.
Just a suggestion but if she loves space that much and you can add a day, how about going over to Kennedy Space Center instead? It’ll cost you less and you’ll see real space stuff!

Are you sure about that? Everything I've read says that you do indeed have to wait in a physical line for the lounge. Unless it's changed very recently.
As far as I've seen they only did the wait list a couple of days at initial open (soft open?) and since then people have been reporting you've had to stand in the line the whole time.

As far as I've seen they only did the wait list a couple of days at initial open (soft open?) and since then people have been reporting you've had to stand in the line the whole time.
That's what I've hear as well. Make sense, as the whole point of a walk up option is a bit defeated if there's a virtual waitlist.

We're going Dec 5-11 and I made the mistake of trying to book a few minutes after 6 am at the 60 day mark. Literally nothing.

Based on hotel reservations/DVC availability, December is going to be bonkers.

I would begin to let you child know it probably won't happen.

A brand new restaurant like that can take 18 months before demand slows.

Take Ogas Cantina for example. It has been open for almost 24 months now, and this trip we have in OCT and DEC are the first times I have ever seen resistance for that open.

it is MONDAY I am a big proponent of looking at the next 1 or 2 days...do it right now.......see what is open Tuesday and Wednesday this week. You will see all kinds of openings of things repeople let go. Way too many people book 1-3 resis a day 60+ days put, and have no idea what they will want or where they will be. As people actually enjoy their vacation, many will see....Why do I have x book at Epcot in 2 days.....we just went o Epcot, I don't want to go back there.

Or the go to bed on a Monday night and see they have California grill Tuesday night and know how tired they are.

Point is.....look now.......for the next 2-3 days...Space 220 is not showing up. and prolly won't when you are here in 60 days either.

Last trip ever??? If not by choice, I would make a phone call and get some documentation to denote a health issue to see if you can see this attraction. Maybe contact Make a Wish Fooundation??? If last trip ever, by choice, then the latter will not work nor should it. We have been closed out and were up at 6:00 to get reservations. Unfortunately, we did not get and will have to try our next trip whenever that may be.

How does this work? I don't see an app options, so do I need to walk up at the beginning of the day?

Simply go to the restaurant and stand in line - it will be to the right against a wall as you approach the restaurant. There is no sign or anything, but a CM will come out once space is available and will bring guests in according to lounge space/group size. As I mentioned previously, we were a party of 2 and waited about an hour after arriving at noon last Monday. YMMV with wait times.

OP, if this really is a must-do and you can't get a reservation, I would suggest lining up as soon as EP opens. Hopefully EP won't be terribly crowded that day.

That's what I've hear as well. Make sense, as the whole point of a walk up option is a bit defeated if there's a virtual waitlist.

We're going Dec 5-11 and I made the mistake of trying to book a few minutes after 6 am at the 60 day mark. Literally nothing.

Based on hotel reservations/DVC availability, December is going to be bonkers.

I sure hope not....

😔

Similar boat. December 8th trip add this to the list of restaurants we couldn't get. Usually, we get all the reservations we target...

Just keep trying since you’ve quite a bit of time remaining.
You’re already using several tips such as checking early and setting up a TP reservation finder. The only other thing I can think is to check the December dining cancellation forum when it opens.
Happy hunting.
What is the 'dining cancellation forum ?? Thanks !

Our trip from December 4th to 9th is our last trip to Orlando, and I was hoping to land a reservation to Space 220. My oldest is a space lover and this is something she really wants to see.

Anyway I was on at midnight trying to snag a reservation at the earliest time we could make reservations. Ugh booked up fully. I’ve been checking every waking hour since and no luck. Also set up a reservation finder through Touring Plans with no luck.

So am I SOL for this week? Should I keep trying? Would I be better off playing the lottery?

ugh so darn stressful......
Were you able to find a reservation?

They are not doing a wait list for the lounge. Perhaps they were when it first opened? We lined up around noon last Monday as a party of 2 and waited about an hour. Cast members only came out to bring people in from the line once there was space available in the lounge. They weren't taking names or creating a wait list. In terms of wait times, YMMV based on how many people are lined up before you. OP, I would definitely sign up for a reservation finder or consider lining up as soon as you enter the park if you are willing to invest some time in waiting in line.

This was our experience as well. We waited for almost two hours, but I would say the experience was worth it.
It is kind of a frustrating wait - very limited seating at the lounge for families (children not allowed at the bar) and they don't limit the time once the people before you sit down. You are kind of just stuck waiting outside with no information and hope you get lucky

Nah, honestly we have given up. Reviews have been iffy and we decided its just not something we want to spend out money on.
We ate there last night and thought it was quite good, but man, it was pricey - we also had some cocktails. We were there from 5:00 until about 6:15, and at one point there were 22 empty tables, while the lounge area was packed. I checked MDE, and it showed no availability, so I’m assuming the reservations are so limited due to low staffing.

We ate there last night and thought it was quite good, but man, it was pricey - we also had some cocktails. We were there from 5:00 until about 6:15, and at one point there were 22 empty tables, while the lounge area was packed. I checked MDE, and it showed no availability, so I’m assuming the reservations are so limited due to low staffing.
This is the only pic I took, and it’s a panoramic, so it’s kind of hard to see, but there are 7 empty tables right in front of us that were never occupied the entire time we were there.

This is the only pic I took, and it’s a panoramic, so it’s kind of hard to see, but there are 7 empty tables right in front of us that were never occupied the entire time we were there.
View attachment 622701

Must be a reason a lot of restaurants are hard to land reservations. Bummer to see this, but I also understand staffing issues.

Nah, honestly we have given up. Reviews have been iffy and we decided its just not something we want to spend out money on.
If by any chance you are still interested, may I suggest signing up for one of the paid alert services?

In years past, the Touring Plans alert service typically was able to help me get everything I wanted...but I am finding that this year is an entirely different story, unfortunately. I signed up for two different paid services (I believe one is $6 and one is $8 per month, but I could be off by a dollar or two) and have been able to get Space 220, CP package, Topolino's Terrace, the Treats & Seats fireworks show, R&C fireworks, BOG, H&V Holiday Dine, Tusker House, Beaches & Cream, Steakhouse 71, and several other Epcot reservations that have been nearly impossible to come by this year.

We booked late -- after the 60 day mark -- and the first day I checked, I could literally only get ONE in-park reservation for any lunch/dinner time during our trip. After being signed up for TP for about a week and also not getting anything, I googled "Disney Reservation finder" and found these two other sites. I haven't been fast enough to get every reservation I've been notified for, but as you can see, I've managed to get quite a few. I've had CRT and the Ferrytale Fireworks come through twice and not been fast enough, and Oga's come through 6 times and not been fast enough, but I'm hoping I can eventually get one! My point to anyone who may be reading and is having difficulty is, there's still hope -- but like many people have said, the reservations are just so competitive to come by right now that these paid services really can help. I do know things open up the day before and day-of, but I'm such a planner and worrywart by nature that I'd rather try ahead of time, even if it costs me some money, for the peace of mind it brings me knowing it's already scheduled. :)

Hope this helps someone! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter