Crystal Ball

PKS44

DIS Veteran
May 18th-the big announcement---what will it be? Here are my totally made up guesses-(many out of wishful thinking)

1)Jungle Cruise will close-BUT the animatronics will be reincarnated (i.e. reused) over in Animal Kingdom along the currently unused River around the Tree of Life.

2)Adventureland will get a new attraction -perhaps 20,000 leagues from TDS- no Imagineering costs-A much needed draw to this area of the park. A huge volcano "weinie" would be nice to draw guests this way, but I would be shocked if they went that far.

3)Living Seas will close- BUT the animals will be moved to a new exhibit in Animal Kingdom which is currently missing a lot of the animals that live in the dominant earth environment-water!...this will be done in hopes of improving the AK experience with more things and yet not require a huge Imagineering effort and will allow better use of this population of animals...Live animal displays at WDW fit best at AK.

4)Living Seas pavilion will be replaced with the weather ride from TDS, again saving on Imagineering expenses, improving that side of the park with a thrill type ride.

5)A new Soarin' attraction will come to either MGM to replace GMR or to the WS to replace either China or Canada's 360 movie...

6)A new Greek Island themed resort will be built on the former Discovery Island.

What will probably really be announced:

1)JC will close. No mention of a replacement. MK still pulls them in....

LS will close. Replacing LS will be a spinny Dumbo style ride in which guests ride on the backs of dolphins, seals and whales,etc.

;)

Disney will announce more cutbacks and spin it as being done due to customer demand and for the customers benefit ala the characther caravan replacing EE.

But for real i dont know what they will announce but im always hopeful for a thru thrill coaster!!!!!

Disney will proudly announce how much copper & metal they recycled while tearing down Horizons...Oooooopppsss...wait that was already done in the bi-weekly company newsletter.

Disney announces that they've been listening to "Dis'ers" for a LONG time and are ready to unveil plans for Beastly Kingdom!! The centerpiece of this new land at AK will be Fire mountain, in which resides the MOTHER of all thrill rides....a coaster based on the upcoming "Reign of Fire". it'll make Spiderman at Universal 9the greatest ride ever built) look like the 'egg-scrambler' at the country fair.

As long as we're dreamin', Disney announces a REVAMPING of Jungle cruise, by moving it into AK on the completely useless AK river. In it's place Disney builds a remake of DL Indy ride.

Then they announce that they will take TDL's "Journey to the Center of the Earth" and put it in the abandoned 20,000 Leagues space.

Of course the BIG announcement is that they've finally figure out how to build the meditteranean themed hotel in 7 Seas lagoon.:D

Originally posted by MissScarlet
Sorry if I missed something but sience when do they want to close the Jungle Cruise?

Because some MBA decided there is too much to do at the MK!! (I'm sure they have the numbers to back that up too!!) They are now in the process of bringing down the number of attractions closer to what AK and MGM have to offer. Witness the recent closings of COP, Timekeeper, Skyway, Keelboats, 20k(1994) with no replacements in site for any of these attractions.

I'm not saying that they will close the Jungle Cruise. I wouldn't think so. But I never thought they would close any of the above attractions either. So you never know!
:D

...I think the biggest impetus for changing/closing JC has to do with health issues concerning the water.

Jeff

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter