Crystal Palace 9/22

conniehar90

DIS Veteran
We dined here for dinner last night. We are annual passholders so it was not a big deal as we were in no rush but, it took a full 2 hours for us to see all of the characters. The character handlers were not doing a good job getting them to move along. People were getting frustrated and were grabbing them when they were in the center of the restaurant crossing to the other side - in essence cutting in front of other people. We also saw the characters go in the back to "take a break" like every 20 minutes. Seemed a bit much but I don't know what the rules are. They also do a parade through the restaurant and we saw three of them in the 2 hours. All of this just keeps interrupting the characters as they try to move through the tables. There were a lot of screaming kids in the restaurant and I don't blame them. Kids cannot wait that long for a character meet. The family next to us, saw one character by the time they were finished eating and decided to just leave. We did talk to the manager to tell her what we saw and she didn't seem to really have much experience. Hopefully, it gets better!

Since people are paying a premium to meet the characters, I really hope they get their act together soon.

Makes me wonder if they previously had 2 sets of characters so breaks could just have a swap rather than a full on break, and now maybe they're working with a single set? No idea, but a guess.

Since people are paying a premium to meet the characters, I really hope they get their act together soon.

Makes me wonder if they previously had 2 sets of characters so breaks could just have a swap rather than a full on break, and now maybe they're working with a single set? No idea, but a guess.
They did just swap when they took the break. But it still took time and just seemed like it was ridiculously frequent.

We ate there Monday and it was better than that! We were there about an hour and saw all 4. There WERE people grabbing them when it wasn't their turn and the handler didn't make them stop (where as in the past they did) but overall it wasn't horrible.

Interesting observations. With the price increase I wonder if people are feeling like the need to get their moneys worth. Our party of 5 is looking at nearly £300 bill in October and it’s really making me think about cancelling

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter