crystal palace versus Chef Mickey for dinner

Mousefan mom

Mouseketeer
Hello--
If it was up to me, we'd be having dinner at a foodie place, lol...but we'd like to squeeze one character meal in for our kids during our upcoming trip. I've eaten breakfast at both of these--so familiar with the location, characters, atmosphere, etc...but however is dinner food quality and selection any better at one or the other?

Thanks!

Hello--
If it was up to me, we'd be having dinner at a foodie place, lol...but we'd like to squeeze one character meal in for our kids during our upcoming trip. I've eaten breakfast at both of these--so familiar with the location, characters, atmosphere, etc...but however is dinner food quality and selection any better at one or the other?

Thanks!
I prefer the atmosphere at Crystal Palace, so that would be my choice.

We have done CP for lunch and CM for both breakfast and dinner. The CP was standard fare from a buffet. We had lots of time with the characters.

The CM breakfast was great. The dinner was the worse food we have had at a Disney restaurant. The characters also kept skipping our table. Our kids were in K and 3rd at the time, and our youngest clearly wanted to see the characters and kept asking for them. When I spoke with someone they did stop by, but only briefly. I would not go back for dinner. I hope our experience is not the norm.

I eaten at both several times. Honestly, I'd go to the one with the characters your family wants to see. Pooh & company at CR, Mickey & friends at CM.

They like both characters--so doesn't matter there. It will be a night of evening EMH for MK, so we will be heading to the MK--but looking for a later, like 7:45-8 dinner prior to that.

I would go to whichever one has the characters you want to see. If that doesnt matter, Crystal Palace does have a nicer atmosphere.

We thought Crystal Palace dinner was very good last summer. We have it booked again for a dinner in August. My DS wasn’t as familiar with the characters, but it didn’t stop him from interacting with them.

Well, the more I looked into the Chef Mickey's dinner (and we did enjoy the breakfast there BTW), the more we felt it didn't look as good. My youngest actually settled the debate by asking for Pluto--and so we are going to do the Garden Grill at Epcot, which we all agreed we enjoyed the experience more when they bring you the food versus trying to navigate a buffet and missing characters, and then we will just monorail over to the MK for extra magic hours.

I vote CP for better food, atmosphere, and service over CM. Plus, you won’t have to exit and re-enter MK.

ETA: just saw your most recent post...sounds like a good plan. We really enjoyed GG and they have great character interaction there.

Well, the more I looked into the Chef Mickey's dinner (and we did enjoy the breakfast there BTW), the more we felt it didn't look as good. My youngest actually settled the debate by asking for Pluto--and so we are going to do the Garden Grill at Epcot, which we all agreed we enjoyed the experience more when they bring you the food versus trying to navigate a buffet and missing characters, and then we will just monorail over to the MK for extra magic hours.
Garden Grill is a great choice. I like their breakfast food better than their dinner food. But it looks like you'll enjoy either. Have fun.

You made a great choice. Its nice to have the food brought to you. You dont have to rush or worry about missing the characters. The food at GG is awesome! Nice and fresh. You'll love it. And the characters are super cute. I love chip & dale. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter