• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Crystal Palace vs 1900 Park Fare Dinner

curlee-Q

I believe in fairies
Hello!

We need help deciding between Crystal Palace vs 1900 Park Fare for dinner on our MK day. We are 2 adults so the character interactions aren't make or break for the meal. I prefer Cinderella over Pooh, but we wouldn't have to leave the park for Crystal Palace. Can anyone comment on the food? Is one significantly better than the other?

Thanks!

You can't go wrong with either of them, but I'd pick 1900 pf. We do both every trip, but If I had to choose, I'd do 1900. The step sisters are really entertaining, even if you aren't into the characters. I'd say the food is equal, but I'd go just for the strawberry soup.

I prefer the food at 1900PF, it always seems more fresh. I know that you said you aren't into characters, but 1900 PF can be a riot.

Are there set performance times at 1900PF? I was thinking about going on arrival day, but I don't arrive at the airport until 4 PM, so I would not want to book anything before 8.

I would definitely go with 1900 Park Fare the character interaction there is some of the best interactions I have seen. The step mother and step sisters are super funny and the food is good as well. My son loved the strawberry soup, lol, thats all he wanted for dinner, lol. Crystal Palace is awesome don't get me wrong infact Crystal Palace is at the top of our must do list, but I genuinely try and get early morning ADRs for Crystal Palace (Before the park opens). Its really nice being able to walk down main street without a mobb of people and in the morning you are in and out of there with 45 minutes. We had an 8:00 AM ADR for there in April and we were out by 8:45 which was awesome bc my son really wanted to meet Merida and I heard her line can get pretty backed up, so after we got out of Crystal Palace we headed for Merida and we were first in line for when she started seeing people. We got to meet Merida and still make it to our 9:30 Fast Pass for 7DMT. So yeah I really love doing Crystal Palace in the AM before the park opens!

1900pf has a slight good edge for me because of the strawberry soup. Otherwise they are about equal. I went with CP for my next trip because I wanted to stay in the park (it's our arrival day).

For dinner, 1900 PF hands down! Character interaction is the best! Food is yummy! Strawberry soup is to die for!!!!
Now breakfast would be the opposite ! Pooh french toast :)!

Foodwise, I'd say it's pretty equal, but we really enjoyed the character experience at 1900 PF for dinner!

We've done both for dinner multiple times and are doing both again next month. Food wise, they're both your standard American food buffet (including beef carving). As mentioned 1900 Park Fare does have the cold strawberry soup which CP does not. Otherwise I found the food pretty much equal. Can't really compare character interactions since with one you get the fluffies and the other you get the faces. The step sisters and Lady Tremaine do play their parts very well at PF. Depending on the weather when you're going, if you're waiting for your ADR, it will be inside for PF (at the GF), but outside for CP, so that could be a minor factor (we go in August, so I think about these things). Clearly it's a toss-up for me since we're doing both. :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter