• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Crystal Palace vs. Tony's Town Square

stink

DIS Veteran
My crew of 3 adults and 2 children will be at WDW at the end of September.

Help me choose between Crystal Palace or Tony' Town Square. Which do you recommend. Please comment on atmoshpere, food, service.

Yuo probably couldn't pick 2 more different places!

CP is a buffet and has the characters coming around.

Tony's is Italian from a menu and no characters.

How old are the kids? They might enjoy meeting Tigger etc... however I find that a buffet it's like you don't eat with your family, someone is always missing from the table off to get something and your meal gets interrupted by the character visits. Tony's would be more of a family/relaxing dinner.

We ate at Tony's last year for supper. We ate on the porch so we had great seats for Spectromagic. One of our most memorable meals. The steaks were very good and great desserts.

Crystal Palace was my dh's favorite restaurant of the whole trip! I couldn't believe it...we ate at places like Le Cellier, and Kona, and Chef's. He says we are booking CP every trip from now on...lol. Evidently their steak and Shrimp were pretty good.

We always make a reservation at Tony's midweek or after each time we go to WDW. The reason is because when you are eating out everyday for a week or more you start wanting something normal like steak or spagetti and meatballs. Tony's is good and everyone will find something they like there whereas Crystal Palace is one of our least favorite places. My husband thinks it is a spice they use that makes him sick when we eat there. It is a pretty restaurant and Pooh and his friends are very cute but the food could be better. I'm not sure it is even American cuisine. If you are looking for a character buffet, try Chef Mickey's you can't go wrong there. They have more variety, more regular "American" food which is good for families and lots of deserts in miniature sizes so you can try more than one if you want to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter