Crystal Palace - When do Pooh & friends arrive?

lostprincess_danie

Mouseketeer
Thinking about doing the breakfast at the Crystal Palace with my 2-yr old daughter and mother. I have not done a character meal before. When do Pooh and friends make their appearance during the meal? About how long do they stay in the dining area?

Throughout the entire meal Pooh and Friends are circulating through the dining area and might briefly go backstage. They will visit each table in the dining area one at a time and stop and pose for photos, sign autographs, etc. It will take them about an hour to visit each table. Watching the room you'll be able to analyze how they're circulating and gauge best times to head to the buffet lines. HTH

Went last year and sat for an hour and old got Tigger and Eeyore I think we hit it weird and they just did the table we sat at and had a break so it was either wait for them for another 30 min or head to the parks . It was disappointing :( Tusker and Garden grille on the other had was amazing we got time with each character atleast twice.

We had such fun last visit. We were there the typical 1 to 1 1/2 hour and greatly enjoyed the interactions. Happy memories for sure. Enjoy!

If you've been seated for a long time and have missed character you can try speaking with either your server or a character handler in the restaurant to try and get them by your table. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't (though my only experience with having been skipped and having issues was in Disneyland) but at least they'll know you're waiting.

Went last year and sat for an hour and old got Tigger and Eeyore I think we hit it weird and they just did the table we sat at and had a break so it was either wait for them for another 30 min or head to the parks . It was disappointing :( Tusker and Garden grille on the other had was amazing we got time with each character atleast twice.

That stinks. I hope it was just weird timing. I'll look at Tusker and GG too.

We were there at Christmas and they came out twice while we were there. We were probably there 1.5 hours. Got lots of pictures of all of them, some of them twice.

I was there yesterday (Easter Sunday) with an 8:05 ADR. Characters came out by 8:15 and I had seen everyone and left well before 8:45. I was dining solo, however. But that early I didn’t feel like I was waiting.

Made our ADR this morning for Crystal Palace. Fingers crossed the little one's love of Pooh is still going strong in six months! Thanks everyone for helping me out.

Made our ADR this morning for Crystal Palace. Fingers crossed the little one's love of Pooh is still going strong in six months! Thanks everyone for helping me out.

My younger DD is 16 and her love of Pooh is still going strong! We have had breakfast with Pooh on every trip except for one when Crystal Palace was closed for refurb.

And my almost 20 year old still wants breakfast with Stitch every trip ;)

I was there 10 days ago with my 4-year-old for supper. Our ADR was at 5:00, and the characters were near our section as we were seated. Tigger's handler told us to wait a few minutes before going to the buffet because he was about to come by. My husband stayed at the table to ensure we didn't miss anyone while we were getting food. The 3 remaining characters came by fairly quickly and were generous with their time. Near the end of our meal, the handler came by and asked if we had seen one of the characters (can't remember which one) and we told her yes. I'm sure that if you missed any of them, they would return to your table for a visit. I think we were in the restaurant for about an hour.

Went last year and sat for an hour and old got Tigger and Eeyore I think we hit it weird and they just did the table we sat at and had a break so it was either wait for them for another 30 min or head to the parks . It was disappointing :( Tusker and Garden grille on the other had was amazing we got time with each character at least twice.

If you are looking for a second character meal, I would suggest Garden Grill, as Meglen did. Disney Food Blog recommends it because it's an "all-you-care-to-eat" meal where the food is brought to your table, so you don't feel any stress about missing the characters when you go to the buffet. Also, the food is fantastic and farmer Mickey is adorable. :love:

Several years ago we got breakfast reservations at the Crystal Palace at the very end of breakfast. The characters came by to see us and then as the restaurant was emptying out and they had already been through everyone, they came through to visit with us again. It was one of our best memories from the trip- Tigger was playing with my 2 year old and they were bouncing around, it was wonderful. I don't know if that's typical but it was fabulous!

Ha! Same. Our ADR is 5 months away and have a 3 year old who loves all the Winnie the Pooh characters. Fingers crossed she still does when the time comes. If she does, this has potential to be the highlight of the trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter