• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

CSR or WL…Adult trip

catfan98

DIS Veteran
I’m struggling…is it worth upgrading from CSR standard view to WL water view for an adults only trip? I have stayed at CSR (my husband hasn’t) and it’s a super nice moderate, neither of us has stayed at WL. We have also stayed at BC and BW, for reference. It’s just me and my husband this trip so we plan to have a more lazy type trip. We are still going to the parks, but may only do half a day and then have pool time or vice versa. We do plan to go to the Halloween party one night. The trip is at the end of September. Thanks for your input!

I've stayed at both and would pick WL for sure. Two pools, boat to MK for the Halloween party, Geyser Point for watching the Electric Water Pageant! If I booked CSR, it would be a room in the Gran Destino Tower, while any room at WL would suit me just fine.

Both are great resorts, but, just for the ease of getting back to your resort late from the party, WL is fantastic. If it's in your budget, I would consider upgrading. But I think you would be happy at CSR, too!

WL and yes, as pp have said, any room at WL will do. Would only do GDT at CS. Having a balcony is nice too! Love the immersive theme and the small footprint of WL too.

I just returned from a 9 night stay at CSR, preferred view. The gate to the Cabana pool was right outside our door. Loved the resort!!! Beautiful, lots of dining choices, and great bars!!

I have never stayed at CSR, but we love WL!
Last summer, DH and I took our first trip by ourselves since our Honeymoon and we stayed at YC. We had always wanted to stay there. While we love the location, everything else about it didn't feel like we thought it would. I love New England, but I guess IMHO it just didn't feel Disney immersive compared to our stays at WL. Part of it was that the pool was always slammed and I also think part of it was that it felt like it had many guests coming just for the restaurants.
WL, of course, has the same draw for restaurants for some people but it just feels like an immersive National Park.

I’ve stayed at both, and WL is a better choice unless it’s a significant financial burden to stay at WL over CSR. WL is one of my favorite deluxe resorts, while CSR is my least favorite moderate resort.

Those are close to our 2 favorite resorts. We have stayed at each 5 or 6 times. It's always great to try something new. Try WL, you'll love it.

Thanks for the replies! My husband decided he would rather just stay at CSR and apply the extra money towards nice dinners/extra things to do. He likes that CSR has more lounges/bar areas, he’s very excited to try 3 Bridges, and he likes that it has “quiet pools” to be able to get away from the main pool area. We are definitely going to check out Geyser Point at WL, though. Maybe one day I can talk him into staying there!

Thanks for the replies! My husband decided he would rather just stay at CSR and apply the extra money towards nice dinners/extra things to do. He likes that CSR has more lounges/bar areas, he’s very excited to try 3 Bridges, and he likes that it has “quiet pools” to be able to get away from the main pool area. We are definitely going to check out Geyser Point at WL, though. Maybe one day I can talk him into staying there!
Fwiw Geyser point works out nice for a dinner break from MK, gives a nice chance to enjoy the boat and the serene atmosphere atmosphere.

We were in Cabana bldg 8C week before last - corner room, first floor (8803). Bldg is adjacent to the tower. Quiet pool was literally outside our room door. Very short walk to Bus Stop #4. We never had any problems with bus service - waits like 5 min or so. Even when we caught the bus from the tower entrance, we had quick service.IMG_5286.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter