CSR recommendations

shoppie

Time to plan the next trip!!!
We are staying at CSR in August. Can anyone recommend a room/ casita to request? We are traveling with my 71 year old MIL. We are staying standard view - we will only be in the room to sleep. I am hoping for a room close to the bus, pool, etc. is that even possible?

Any input is appreciated!

We are staying at CSR in August. Can anyone recommend a room/ casita to request? We are traveling with my 71 year old MIL. We are staying standard view - we will only be in the room to sleep. I am hoping for a room close to the bus, pool, etc. is that even possible?

Any input is appreciated!

This resort is very spread out. We requested Casitas to be near the food court and main pool, but were instead placed in the farthest possible room in Ranchos. It was very convenient to a bus stop, but it took up to 15 minutes to get to the main building. This experience left a sour taste for me, and I will now only book preferred at moderates. Although, a preferred room at CSR is a hike from the main pool.

If you aren't getting a preferred room, then I think Cabanas 9B would be the best for you. It's the closest for food, the pool and the bus. You could also look at the resort map to see what looks good to you. :thumbsup2

If you aren't getting a preferred room, then I think Cabanas 9B would be the best for you. It's the closest for food, the pool and the bus. You could also look at the resort map to see what looks good to you. :thumbsup2

Cabana 9B is Business Class, so they would have to pay for the upgrade if it was available to be booked.

Casitas is one of three sections. The other two are Cabanas and Ranchos.

I believe three of the Casitas buildings are preferred and Cabanas 9B is business class, so you'd have to book either room type to be in these buildings.

We booked a standard room and requested a non-preferred Casitas building, but they were not able to meet our request due to the convention that was there. They put is in Cabanas 9A instead. Cabanas 9A was close to the main pool and a fine walk to the food court, but it was on the last bus stop which we did not care for. We had requested Casitas to be near the first bus stop picked up and first dropped off. We found ourselves making the trek to and from Casitas anyway. Next time, we'll probably book a preferred room to be guaranteed a Casitas room.

If being near the main pool is important to you, Cabanas is probably your best section. Casitas is a good walk.

Cabana 9B is Business Class, so they would have to pay for the upgrade if it was available to be booked.

Yes it is, but I don't think the whole building is business class. I've been wrong before though. It's worth asking about.

We went in October and on our room request we asked for Cabanas 9B since it is close to the main hall and main bus stop. We also put in secondary room requests for a room on the 1st floor and a room close to transportation.

Our room assignment was in Casitas 4 on the 1st floor. This worked out perfect for us and I'd recommend it if you're not concerned with being close to the main pool or spending too much time in the main hall!

The pros:
- The bus stop is right across the parking lot from building 4 and is the 1st stop at CSR (There are 4 stops in total). We found it was never crowded and was ideal for securing seats, which I assume would be important for your MIL.
- There is a "quiet" pool and Guest Laundry as well as the fitness center in or next to building 4 which was very convenient. Since the main pool was a bit of a hike, the quiet pool served its purpose and was used very little by guests.

The cons:
- Its about an equally long 5-10 minute walk to the main pool or main hall. (Based on you saying you'll only be there to sleep, it sounds like this might not be as big a deal)

We stayed in Cabanas 8A - it was very close to the bus and Dig Site pool. We didn't mind the walk to the main building, but you could always take the bus. :)

If you need to be by A pool, but not necessarily the feature pool, request Casitas 4. Those rooms have the first bus stop right behind them, so you will have to stress less about getting seats on the bus. And a quiet pool is right next door. You are also still very close to the main buildings.

Yes it is, but I don't think the whole building is business class. I've been wrong before though. It's worth asking about.

Cabanas 9B is typically solely for business class, but they have been known to put people in Cabanas 9B in "overflow" situations when business class isn't sold out. These people aren't given access to the business class lounge, however. Considering that's an exception situation, I don't think OP would have much luck in requesting this building.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter