• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cultural Rep Program 2015-2016

Kimmlez

Earning My Ears
So I've been accepted to work in the UK Pavilion as a Cultural Rep from July 2015 - 2016! :hyper:

I'm on the hunt for fellow CRPers or DCPers who are also arriving in Florida in July! I'm debating starting up a Facebook group for it as I can't find one anywhere! I can't be the only one going out in July... :confused3:

Omg I'm so jealous!! That's exactly when I want to go but I am struggling with the application because I'm not 18 for 10 weeks (cue very stress background music)

Congratulations though, that's amazing! Any tips? What was the process like?

CONGRATULATIONS!

I'm convinced I could do the program if they could just let me fake an accent ...

Omg I'm so jealous!! That's exactly when I want to go but I am struggling with the application because I'm not 18 for 10 weeks (cue very stress background music)

Congratulations though, that's amazing! Any tips? What was the process like?

I found the process nice and kinda easy. I've never had a proper job interview before, so being Disney was my first, it was a big thing, I was so nervous, but all the other applicants were super lovely and we all got on and chatted before the start, and during the breaks.

First was the group interview with Yummy Jobs (I went to the London one) and we all met at the location and had a video presentation/discussion and fun little quiz with the Yummy team, after we were told what groups we'd be in for the group interviews. We all had to bring something from where we were from and talk about where we were from and what it's like to live there and little quirky things about the place. We all told stories about where we worked and (it's a kinda, big yourself up without being too big headed kinda thing) so people would say about how someone wrote into their managers about them and stuff like that. Where I'm from that doesn't really happen, so I said about how people would comment about my work to me and notice me and stuff. It was daunting for me, but I got quite comfortable and felt a little more chilled quickly.

After a week or so I got the email telling me I had a face to face interview with the guys from Disney World! When you got the email you had to pick an interview time for the day for your Face to Face to happen. Again, this was in London (no matter what, it was only held in London. Travel was tricky for some, I got on quite well with a girl who'd come down from Scotland for it!) and again, video presentation/dicussion to begin in the morning with everyone. Then you were alowed to go off till your interview time. I went off with about 4/5 others who we'd only met that day for some food and a walk round London.
We got there about an hour before to prepare ourselves, again, we all sat round introduced ourselves to others in our time slot and got on super well.
The interview. I was so scared! But again, the woman interviewing me mostly asked about where we were from, things that happened there, and what we were like in our work places. She made a lot of notes and asked for any questions at the end. (I always hated this because I never knew what to ask! Luckily I wear glasses so I was able to say about that and if I needed a certain colour/style to match the Disney Look.)

I went after about half an hour of chatting with others to get my train home.
Then I had to wait so long! I was put on the wait list about 4 weeks after and got an email every month asking if I was still interested. Luckily I was able to wait long enough that the start date email finally came through!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter