Curious about hair color changing

DH- Towhead/Brown Eyes as a child > Dark Blond as an adult.

Me- Strawberry Blond/Hazel Green Eyes > “Dishwater” blonde > Brown. I’ve always had some red tones to my hair. In my thirties it went from stick straight to curly. My sister’s did the same.

Older DD- White blond/Blue Eyes > Dark Blond. She also has always had some red highlights.

DS- Born with black hair and dark baby eyes that were very briefly blue. Then turned Blond/Hazel Green and then Dark Brown hair and eyes.

Younger DD- Redhead with Blue Eyes. Born a readhead and remains a redhead. I noticed a couple of months ago that she has an “Elsa Streak” about 1/2 an inch wide underneath in the back.

Older DD has always had curly hair. Younger two had curly hair until about four and now both have straight hair.

My DH had white blonde hair as a child and see pic for his color now. Blue eyes too...which haven't changed. If that happens maybe consult a doctor?
My niece had blue eyes until she was about 4/5 that slowly changed to a light Hazel Green and now are a gray green at 17.

FWIW both my niece and nephew (sibs) were born Blue Eyed/Dark Blonds. Both remain dark blonds at 17 and 23.

DS was "baby blond" until mid elementary school, and then it gradually darkened to dirty blond/light brown.

My hair has always been dark, dark brown.

My husband was white-blonde as a child. When I met him at age 20, his hair was still pretty blonde (not white-blonde, but I think most people would say he was blonde). Now, at age 47, it's brown. Although he keeps it pretty short... and I think it lightens as it grows.

My nephew was white-blonde when he was young, too. He's 16 now and his hair has darkened a LOT over the last 2 or 3 years. It's a dark blonde now, and I bet it will continue to darken to brown (much to my sister-in-law's chagrin!)

I was born blonde and have dark brown hair now. It got darker and darker and then grey lol. Interestingly enough when I was pregnant with my 2nd, my hair grew in blonde. She’s a blondie too!! It didn’t happen with my first

Genetics is so interesting. My dad was white blond as a child then his hair darkened to a very dark almost black hair. My Gram was light/med brown and Grandfather was a redhead. My mom always had mousy brown hair as she called it.

I was blond til around 10 an then my hair darkened as did my 4 brothers although the 2 youngest brothers have lighter brown hair than the oldest 2. We are all blue/gray eyes. The 5 of us are also pretty fair complexioned as in we burn much easier than we tan even with sunscreen.

My DH has dark hair and brown eyes although his mom was blue eyed and no idea the true color of her hair because she was a bottle blonde. His father had dark hair, dark eyes and a swarthy complexion.

Our oldest son has dark brown hair and lighter brown eyes. He burns and then tans and is frequently taken for Hispanic.
His 2 sons are light brown hair, one has his eye color and the other son has greenish eyes. One tans and one burns. Both of their mothers are Irish with fair complexions.

DD1 was a white blond child and now has brown hair with hazel eyes. She burns, peels, gets a very faint tan and burns again. Her DH is a blue eyed blond.
Her 3 kids all had blond hair as babies. The oldest and youngest DGD's are now shades of brown hair and they both have hazel eyes. DGS is still blond and has blue eyes. The 3 of them have to be careful of burning but they usually get a tan.

DD2 was born with jet black hair, brown eyes and a tan. She is frequently mistaken for many different Mediterranean and Hispanic nationalities to her amusement. Her DH is blue eyed and dark blonde.
Her 3 sons are dark brown hair and hazel eyes and darker complexion, brown hair and hazel eyes with a med. complexion and curly blonde hair and big blue eyes and a very fair complexion although he gets a light tan.

I had one cousin born with jet black hair that just grew in blond. Til his first haircut he had both colors hair. The dark never fell out as often happens with babies.

Both myself and my son had light brown hair until we hit about 12 or so, and then it darkened right up to basically black. We both have brown eyes. No idea why this happens.

I had dirty blonde hair as a kid/teen/young adult. Pushing 50 now and it's pretty much brown. My husband, like yours, had white hair as a kid. Not sure when it changed, he was 18 when I met him, and it was not that color anymore. It's much darker now, not sure I would say dark brown though, it's probably a bit lighter than mine.
My dd had white hair though childhood, she is almost 23 now, and it's getting darker/muddy, but still blonde. I expect it will continue to darken as she gets older.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter