• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Curious about Recipe/Scrapbook Connection

mskay

Mouseketeer
I always check out this board for recipes and was just wondering if there was some connection with scrapbooking or just a good way to combine two different topics. So, what's the history?:)

At some point, I think it was Beth suggested putting RE: when posting a recipe.

That way you'll see right away that it is a recipe as opposed to a srapbook thread.

Let's see... Now you are testing my memory!

Originally the board started off as the recipe board, but soon scrapbooking became a rather hot topic on the CB and someone suggested combining it with Recipes since neither was a huge topic by itself. Sometime after that the newly named Recipe/Scrapbook board was born. There was some talk of opening it to all crafts, but there don't seem to be too many other crafts discussed on the boards.

For a while people were putting R: before recipe posts and S: before scrapbooking posts, but recently that seems to have fallen by the wayside.

Should we start doing that again?

The combination doesn't bother me. I hope no one thought I was complaining. You can usually tell from the subject line what the post is about. I was just wondering the correlation. Thanks for letting me know.

mskay - I'm sure no one thought you were complaining -- just inquiring! I hope we will be seeing a lot more of you on this board. :)

Just about a year ago, a few of us were dabbling over on the "Community" board. Being it is a very busy board, we were small fish :wave: in big pond. LisaTx helped get us "moved" to the Recipes sites, as long as we played nice.

Speaking of playing nice, we were very politely asked to start all of our new threads with

S:

so if someone, say wanted to do a search on recipes only, they could search for R:, & not have to look at the scrapbook stuff until they wanted to. I admit, I'm enjoying the recipes to the hilt, so starting my questions with "S:" won't wear-out our welcome. :sunny:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter