Curious about "room ready" when split staying.

ErinsMommy

She believed she could, so she did
Assuming most vacationers arrive Saturday/Sunday even Monday as a stretch, if we're changing resorts on a Tuesday (split stay), is it more likely the room will be ready esp. since we'll be staying in the Hawaii building.

if we're changing resorts on a Tuesday (split stay), is it more likely the room will be ready esp. since we'll be staying in the Hawaii building.
I think there are people coming and going all days of the week. Our last trip we changed from poly to AK on a Tuesday and I don't think we received our room ready text until 3:30. Another trip with a Tuesday arrival at BWV the text was again in the afternoon. I think what can increase your odds of getting a room is to put less requests or none at all unless you physically require certain accommodations.

It actually has seemed to work for us twice this summer with split stays, but I don't know if that's coincidence or what. Both times the rooms were ready and we got the notification as we were driving into the new resort.

It actually has seemed to work for us twice this summer with split stays, but I don't know if that's coincidence or what. Both times the rooms were ready and we got the notification as we were driving into the new resort.
Ours came as we were packing up our car at our first resort.

We did a resort switch on a Tuesday and we got the text that our room was ready around 9:30 am.

Assuming most vacationers arrive Saturday/Sunday even Monday as a stretch, if we're changing resorts on a Tuesday (split stay), is it more likely the room will be ready esp. since we'll be staying in the Hawaii building.
It's a wrong assumption.
People arrive every day. There's no "most" when it comes to Disney trips.
We do split stays pretty much every trip. We change rooms most every day of the week. We get rooms ready early sometimes, sometimes we don't.

I put my room request as "first available room." Last trip I never got a room ready text. I went to the BC and they told me my room had been ready around noon.

Next trip I'm moving to BWV. I'm hoping for a room early but not counting on it since it's DVC and an Epcot resort during F&W.

Actually your assumption of more check ins/outs on the weekend would mean that you would probably have a QUICKER room ready text, as you would think more people would be leaving at all hours and more room options would be ready sooner....if on a Tuesday, if you say there are less check ins/outs then your reservation would have less options to match up with regarding your length of stay and it would be a later room ready text.....

But agreeing with the above, I haven't started a Disney vacation on a Saturday, Sunday, or Monday almost EVER, we usually do Thursday-Tuesday or if we are short on days, Friday-Tuesday, we have gotten into our room or a text) at 8am, 10am, and 4pm from th last few trips I can remember.....we did a split stay between the Four Seasons and Pop about 4-5 years ago, and we checked into Pop on a Sunday from a Thursday-Sunday stay at the Four Seasons, but that was still a Thursday-Tuesday trip for me....

We switched on a Saturday and got a room ready text before we even left our other hotel room (9:15am). I did not request first available, but had entered an early arrival time at online check in.

We switched on a Saturday and got a room ready text before we even left our other hotel room (9:15am). I did not request first available, but had entered an early arrival time at online check in.
Now that the room location options are broken/disabled you even can't tell them you prefer a room ready early, over a room location during online check-in, only if you call. You can select a time (provided you aren't arriving via ME) but that's it. So no idea how they handle the assigning and do they do them early or do they do location.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter