Curious on everyone's opinion, which mini golf course do you prefer?

PALionKingfan

Mouseketeer
On my upcoming trip I have a free day and a mini golf pass. Just curious, for those who played them which mini golf course did you enjoy or prefer. Fantasia Gardens or Winter Summerland? What did you like/dislike about them? Trying to decide which one to go to and they seem similar to me so any feedback would be of great help.

We like the theming of Winter Summerland better. We did Fantasia Gardens for the first time this spring. It was cute too, just not as whimsical as Winter Summerland. Last time we tried to get to Winter Summerland when Blizzard Beach was closed, there was no Disney transportation, but that was a few years ago. Not sure if there is any now. We don’t use Uber/ Lyft, so we won’t go there is there so no Disney bus.

Winter Summerland has more shade, so we tend to go there. I think it’s more fully themed than Fantasia Gardens if that makes sense. FG always seems more crowded to me as well. Both are very cute, and if transportation is an issue FG is easier access.

On my upcoming trip I have a free day and a mini golf pass. Just curious, for those who played them which mini golf course did you enjoy or prefer. Fantasia Gardens or Winter Summerland? What did you like/dislike about them? Trying to decide which one to go to and they seem similar to me so any feedback would be of great help.
It's been a long time, I'm not much of a fan of mini golf. I think the kids liked Winter Summerland Better, Fantasia Gardens is less kitschy.

Here's a review that talks about the differences- https://touringplans.com/blog/disney-world-mini-golf-best/

Winter Summerland is a typical mini golf course. Fantasia is more like putting at a golf course with some traps and theming by topiaries. If younger kiddos, I recommend Winter Summerland. If all adults, both are fun, but Fantasia more challenging! Going earlier to both will get you the best chance for a minimum wait time. The evening can get busy!

I've only ever been to FG, it's just really easy to get to. I think we went one day after we were done at DHS and hopped on the boat to the S/D.

Just make sure if you choose Fantasia, it's the gardens course and not the fairways. The fairways is more like a "miniature" golf course with sand traps and bunkers.

The last time I tried to play at Fantasia, there was an hour-plus wait to start playing, so I didn't stay. The only time I played at Winter/Summer, I had zero wait. I don't know if this is always the case, but it's something to consider.

I'm not a golfer and play mini golf only occasionally, but Winter/Summer seemed much easier than Fantasia to me.

Don't forget to make reservations, I didn't know this the first day we tried to go and were told it was a one hour wait.

Our family prefers the "Winter" side of Winter/Summerland. With the "snow" you at least get the illusion that it's cooler out.

Winter Summerland is a typical mini golf course. Fantasia is more like putting at a golf course with some traps and theming by topiaries. If younger kiddos, I recommend Winter Summerland. If all adults, both are fun, but Fantasia more challenging! Going earlier to both will get you the best chance for a minimum wait time. The evening can get busy!
Agreed. Theming aside Fantasia is the more challenging of the two

For us, Fantasia Gardens because we can park in one spot (wherever we decide we're going to eat lunch or dinner) and then walk to the course and then walk back to enjoy the rest of the Epcot Resorts area.

Unless I was planning to play immediately before or after going to Blizzard Beach, there is nothing out in the direction of Winter Summerland.

Also note that there are 2 courses at Fantasia:

Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf Course--this is the easier course and the one I've played.

Fantasia Fairways Miniature Golf Course--this is a more difficult course. Some real skill is involved here. I was intimidated just looking at it!

Also note that there are 2 courses at Fantasia:

Fantasia Gardens Miniature Golf Course--this is the easier course and the one I've played.

Fantasia Fairways Miniature Golf Course--this is a more difficult course. Some real skill is involved here. I was intimidated just looking at it!

Yeah the Fairways is "miniature" golf...in the sense it is a golf course on a smaller scale. Gardens is "mini-golf" the traditional sense of the term.

We've played both sites, all 3 "mini golf" options (Fantasia Gardens has a side that's a miniature fairways, too) and I'd rank my favorites summer side, Fantasia Gardens, and winter last. But all are fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter