• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Current ART status - is it better to walk or take a taxi/uber

valiamo

My love of Fantasia, and Mickey
Heading down in a week, and are staying at the Convention centre area (Marriott). Past trips (2018 and 2019) we would get a 1 week pass on the ART and take the bus up and back, usual wait was 15-20 minutes.

Does anyone have an recent information on how well the ART busses are running? Past reports (June) says that there were a lot of delays and fewer busses on the road? Hate to have to wait a long time for a ride each way.

We do have options, like walking to Toy Story (do we have to prove we parked there to get on the busses?) or taking an Uber/taxi up to the Main gate or to the Grand Californian... but that can quickly add up over our 5 day visit.

ART is fine if you are going to/from the parks in the morning and evening. It gets spotty in the afternoon. I was staying at a different hotel and ended up taking an Uber in the afternoon after waiting 30+ minutes for ART a couple months ago.

For the Marriott, I do recommend ART assuming you are going to be in the parks from morning to evening because the bus stop is right outside the entrance. Uber/Lyft doesn't drop you off as close to the park entrance as ART but could be pretty cost effective if you have multiple people in your party. For the Marriott, if I'm not doing ART, I actually prefer to just walk all the way to the park over going to the Toy Story Parking Lot because while going to the Parking Lot saves some walking, it doesn't necessarily save time.

Is a reservation required for ART? I read somewhere it was but no explanation of how it works. Anyone know the scoop?

No reservation but you do have to buy tickets. I used ART on 10/29 and 10/30 with varying degrees of success. They do have an app now (new since last time I used it) and a way to pay online for a day/multi day pass. Trip shot is the name of the app that you can use to track the routes. (the route down Harbor is the Grove District Line. The convention area/Marriott is the Grand Plaza line)
The app to pay for a pass is separate (called token transit) It was easy the first day with little wait in the morning but the evening was a long wait. The next morning, we watched 3 buses pass us because they were already full. After 45 minutes, we bailed and took an lyft. (this was a Sat)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter