Current August Cancelation Policy

Dano1182

DIS Veteran
What is the current policy regarding reservations?
We have ressies checking in on August 16.
I am losing confidence everyday that this trip will take place.

The current policy is waiving holding and allowing points to be unborrowed, even if resort is open.

They are not giving any extensions to points from trips during resort opening...no late banking.

Now, things can change at any time and one person reported today they would not Return the borrowed points.

So, at this point, it is day by day. If you think you want to cancel and have points at risk, sooner rather than later may be a good thing.

Earlier in the day, I reached a phone cast member who told me they would no longer unborrow points.

I called again later, and this time the phone cast member told me the borrowed points would be returned to their original use year within 2 weeks. While I was on hold for that call, I managed to get a Chat cast member who also said they are still returning borrowed points (a conversation which I both screenshotted and emailed to myself!)

TLDR: Yes, they are still returning borrowed points if you cancel, it takes 2 weeks. If your first Cast Member says otherwise, hang up and try again.

We have our stay in 16 days and we are still unsure and taking a wait and see approach. Assuming they are still not putting points in holding how long do I have to cancel? We will likely decide at the last minute.

We have our stay in 16 days and we are still unsure and taking a wait and see approach. Assuming they are still not putting points in holding how long do I have to cancel? We will likely decide at the last minute.

Without the holding penalty, as long as it’s day before you should be okay.

If we decide to cancel and want to return our borrowed points to their use year, do we have call to have that done? Or can we do it online?

If we decide to cancel and want to return our borrowed points to their use year, do we have call to have that done? Or can we do it online?

I have canceled online and followed up with an email to avoid long waits. I did it back in March via chat but that doesn’t seem to be an option these days.

In my view, if you have a reservation in the next few months and you borrowed 2020 points, think long and hard. If you think you are going to cancel, do it soon and take advantage of their no holding and unborrowing policy right now. It's a real point saver for those with Aug - Dec UY if you borrowed 2020 points for your rez this year.

Sadly cancelled today.
Decided too much uncertainty.
Also confer we about another shut down.

Have a few nights booked GCV in mid August, if villas do not open by then, will my points automatically go back to my current use year? What if resort opens and parks do not or parks open and I cannot but tix, get park reservations, will I be able to cancel under 31 day mark and not lose any points? Thanks for the help!

Have a few nights booked GCV in mid August, if villas do not open by then, will my points automatically go back to my current use year? What if resort opens and parks do not or parks open and I cannot but tix, get park reservations, will I be able to cancel under 31 day mark and not lose any points? Thanks for the help!
We had a reservation for Vero before opening and the points automatically went back to the use year, but that didn't happen till 7 days before checkin. Right now, I have heard that there is no "holding" penalty for points cancelled within the 31 day mark. Thats what I have read on the boards, although I have not had to personally cancel within 31 days. Hope that it opens for you!

Just rescheduled a trip yesterday from July 18 check-in to Labor Day weekend and they unborrowed points while we were making the switch. I think as long as the virus is so out of control they will continue to unborrow. Sadly, no refunds on OTU points now that resorts are open. Good luck with your decision! I’m very doubtful we will go at Labor Day either but I keep trying to use banked and OTU points I have, just in case.

So I decided we really need to cancel our Aug. GCV reservation. Every time I try to cancel, I get the we're working on it Seven Dwarfs page. How do I cancel? This happen to anyone else?

Update: Finally called and cancelled. Asked if the cancellation tool is just not usable right now on the website. Was told they have had many calls from DVC owners asking this and that they would look into it.

Last edited:
So I decided we really need to cancel our Aug. GCV reservation. Every time I try to cancel, I get the we're working on it Seven Dwarfs page. How do I cancel? This happen to anyone else?

Update: Finally called and cancelled. Asked if the cancellation tool is just not usable right now on the website. Was told they have had many calls from DVC owners asking this and that they would look into it.

Someone has posted that with VGC you have to modify and add email back, and then it will let you cancel online.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter