Current Castaway Club gift?

purplegirl247

<font color=purple>I joined for reason A<br><font
We leave for our first 7-day cruise on Saturday, on the Fantasy. :hyper: Can someone please tell me what the Castaway Club gift is? I've historically wanted to be surprised on board, but it's come back to haunt me: the first year, I brought a dedicated carryon bag to bring to the beach...and the gift was a bag. The next time I brought water bottles to bring to the beach...and the gift included water bottles. :rotfl:

Figured I might save myself some packing space this time, and find out in advance. Thanks!

Just got off the Fantasy last Saturday!! The gift is a very nice back pack!!
We got alot of use out of ours...and there was a key chain, cheese crackers and a bag of pretzels!

Have a Awesome time on your cruise!! We sure did!!!!

Sue

aafdmom is right on. It was a really nice backpack and, in fact, I would have packed one less "beach bag"-type bag for the trip had I known it was quite that good. Maybe that will help you save on packing. :-)

Awesome, that's very helpful. And I'm excited about the snacks: not only can we bring them to a movie or whatever, but it's one less thing I have to pack on the trip home, lol.

Thanks!

Any pictures????

We have several of the tote bags. It will be nice to get something different :3dglasses

Not the best photo of it, but here goes...

IMG_6873.jpg

No water bottles though.

Looks like they were discontinued?

That's a nice backpack! Do gold and platinum get extra surprises?

This will be our third sailing. Do we get the gift again like we did on cruise #2 for being silver members?

Yes, each cruise you will receive a gift.

I still have the beach towel from 2003.
I guard it, I don't know why but I love that silly towel.

I have a red pull string backpack from January and the latest blue one from Sept.

That's a nice backpack! Do gold and platinum get extra surprises?

They do-besides the Meet and Greet.
We received a leather folio for plane tickets and passports etc and a great luggage strap some DCL note cards. Platinum do not need to wait in line to check in-there is usually a special line and they also get Palo dinner paid for:)

We were just on the Dream last week and got the backpack with cheese crackers. That was it. Is it different per cruise? We've gotten the other stuff before (notecards, luggage straps, leather folios, keychains, etc.), but not this time. We're platinum and also got the fruit/chocolate option as well, and a weird photo album thing.

I second the "a REALLY nice backpack" comment from a PP. It was my favorite CC member gift to date. Love the backpack, use it all the time.:thumbsup2

We are going on our second Disney cruise in January. :cool1: How often do they change the castaway club gifts? Those backpacks look really nice! :) Of course, with a backpack that nice, the kids may fight over using it for school when we get home. Guess it will just have to be mom's :)

kbceman said:
We are going on our second Disney cruise in January. :cool1: How often do they change the castaway club gifts? Those backpacks look really nice! :) Of course, with a backpack that nice, the kids may fight over using it for school when we get home. Guess it will just have to be mom's :)

OR

You need to book another cruise. For the kids!

The gold/platinum gift of the passport/documents holder has changed. It is now a photo box. I'm not crazy about it, and was really looking forward to getting the passport holder. *sigh* At least I did get a 10% discount in the ships shops.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter