Current CM.. Any Questions?

Would you watch a vlog about life as a Disney performer at sea?

• Yes

Votes: 83 86.5%
  • No

Votes: 13 13.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mags2002

WDW/DCL CM
Hi DCL Peeps!

I am an Entertainment CM and have worked in a couple of different positions on a few different ships (and WDW as well). If you have questions and can’t find the answer, please send them my way and I can try and help.
Mags

Last edited:
Hi DCL Peeps!

I am a CM and have worked in a couple of different positions on a few different ships (and WDW as well). If you have questions and can’t find the answer, please send them my way and I can try and help.
Mags
What is your current position? What did you do at WDW? We may have worked together.

Last edited:
Are there scheduled activities for those kids in Edge to do on Castaway Cay? Do many kids attend on the island? If they decide to stay on the ship how is Edge during that time? DS(13) gets bored quick while on Castaway after swimming and DH and I would like to go bike ride without him. He has no interest.

Are there scheduled activities for those kids in Edge to do on Castaway Cay? Do many kids attend on the island? If they decide to stay on the ship how is Edge during that time? DS(13) gets bored quick while on Castaway after swimming and DH and I would like to go bike ride without him. He has no interest.
Yea there will be scheduled activities on Castaway Cay. A lot of tweens do attend, but there are also a lot that want to just hang out with their friends.
Unless it has changed since I was last in youth activities, Edge is not open while the ship is at Castaway Cay

I did the DCP several years ago and have since been a performer in the park.
On ships I have been in Cruise Staff, Youth Activities and currently a performer
Sounds like fun but like many WDW and DCL roles I know it can be grueling. I worked with many DCP kids at WDW. It takes somebody special to want to do the DCP but the vast majority of DCP Alumni I ran into are glad they stuck it out.

Mine is the elephant in the room when it comes to talking about cruising. Ship crew: Are they treated well?

When talk comes around to crew wages, I so often think, “I hope we don’t find out later that we were a cog in an industry that is not much better than slave labor.”

So many workers, on so many cruise lines, are welcoming, kind, and hard-working.

As workers, like you, continue to take contracts, I have been hopeful that conditions are acceptable.

Mine is the elephant in the room when it comes to talking about cruising. Ship crew: Are they treated well?

When talk comes around to crew wages, I so often think, “I hope we don’t find out later that we were a cog in an industry that is not much better than slave labor.”

So many workers, on so many cruise lines, are welcoming, kind, and hard-working.

As workers, like you, continue to take contracts, I have been hopeful that conditions are acceptable.
For the most part, yes. I think it depends on your role as different roles have different privileges and therefore often have a vastly different experience.
There are certainly people who come and do one contract and that is more than enough and others who stay for their whole career!

For the most part, yes. I think it depends on your role as different roles have different privileges and therefore often have a vastly different experience.
Off topic, are you on a contract basis or are you a Walt Disney Company employee with benefits?

Contract, but we get benefits while we are working
Speaking of benefits while working. At WDW, entertainment CMs had special separate break rooms with cushy couches, exorcise equipment, etc. Do you have that on the ships as well?

Hi DCL Peeps!

I am a CM and have worked in a couple of different positions on a few different ships (and WDW as well). If you have questions and can’t find the answer, please send them my way and I can try and help.
Mags
I hope you (and other CM's) know how much we multi-cruise passengers appreciate you! We tip well, and mention many on the comment card, and treat folks with 🙌 . The IP and the shows and ship design are all great but it's the hard work, by well-trained, diligent, caring staff that makes my DCL experiences so wonderful. I could go on . . .

I hope you (and other CM's) know how much we multi-cruise passengers appreciate you! We tip well, and mention many on the comment card, and treat folks with 🙌 . The IP and the shows and ship design are all great but it's the hard work, by well-trained, diligent, caring staff that makes my DCL experiences so wonderful. I could go on . . .
Thank you so much! It is lovely to hear such wonderful feedback 🥰

Very well said.

Exactly why I'm willing to pay more for a DCL cruise. My wife has a walking disability and we have yet to be on another cruise line where the crew is as attentive as they are on DCL, no mater what the person's position. Officer's on down.

Oh man, how much time do you have. It spanned 22 years. My last and favorite role was as an Event Guide in Park Event Operations. A party every day or night.

Among other roles I was a Concierge at the GF for a while. Drove a WDW bus for 6 years, front desk at various WDW resorts yada, yada, yada. Retired a few years ago and taking full advantage of my well earned Disney perks.
Sounds like you had a wonderful Disney career!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter