Current coffee makers at Pop and ASMo?

lorenae

I'm going to Disney World!
I haven’t stayed at POP or ASMo in ages, and I’m a coffee snob. What is the current coffeemaker set up? I’m staying at Pop January 11/12 with my spouse, and ASMo 1/23-1/29 with by grandkids.

I haven’t stayed at POP or ASMo in ages, and I’m a coffee snob. What is the current coffeemaker set up? I’m staying at Pop January 11/12 with my spouse, and ASMo 1/23-1/29 with by grandkids.
They’re single serve (not Keurig-style) coffeemakers with individual paper filter packets of coffee. Even as a non-coffee snob, I think they’re pretty bad, so I imagine for someone who likes quality, you will find them lacking. I found myself getting my coffee from the food court (still not great, but better).

They’re single serve (not Keurig-style) coffeemakers with individual paper filter packets of coffee. Even as a non-coffee snob, I think they’re pretty bad, so I imagine for someone who likes quality, you will find them lacking. I found myself getting my coffee from the food court (still not great, but better).

That’s what I was afraid of! In 2020 at POFQ the Joffery’s pads were terrible. I can bring my Keurig for Jan11/12 since I’m driving but I’m flying when I pick up my grandkids later in the month. I may buy some coffee pods for that. Thank you!

That’s what I was afraid of! In 2020 at POFQ the Joffery’s pads were terrible. I can bring my Keurig for Jan11/12 since I’m driving but I’m flying when I pick up my grandkids later in the month. I may buy some coffee pods for that. Thank you!
I am not sure what you normally do, but I always used to think that the Joffrey’s pods were terrible. Then I started using bottled water and avoiding the powdered creamer they used to have (now it is at least liquid coffee mate, but I still avoid it). It made all the difference in the world compared to the cups I made with Florida tap water. I actually liked the pod in my room better than the coffee that was served in the QS restaurant this past weekend.

I found some pods on Amazon that are much better than the Joffrey's and like the pp I use bottled water as well as a nice creamer (something I don't do at home). This at least tides me over until I can get a decent cup later on.

I found some pods on Amazon that are much better than the Joffrey's and like the pp I use bottled water as well as a nice creamer (something I don't do at home). This at least tides me over until I can get a decent cup later on.
Do you have a link to the pods you purchased?

I know I'm late to the game for this thread, but I'm staying at ASMo in August 2022. I found Wolfgagn Puck coffee PADS on Amazon and think I'll give them a try.Depending on brew, there are 18 pads for under $10. Last trip I used Folgers but don't see them now.

I wonder if using filtered water (from the soda dispensers in the food court) instead of tap water would improve the taste of the coffee.

I wonder if using filtered water (from the soda dispensers in the food court) instead of tap water would improve the taste of the coffee.
I'm sure it would. We always buy water when we go to Disney, if we have a car and can make a grocery run. I am doing a solo trip in August without a vehicle. I am planning on taking my Bobble bottles and filtering water through them for making coffee. I know that I can drink the FL water when I drink from the Bobble, so I figure it should make decent coffee.

You can buy pods and make your own. I do it every trip. I, too, am not a fan of Joffrey's.

Can you use the contents of a K-cup in a regular coffee pot - just dumb the grounds into the filter?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter