• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Current Cost of Early Bird?

Just remember that even though you are able to choose seats in advance doesn’t mean those seats will be there when you get to the airport. Airlines can and do reassign seats without notifying you.

Personally I much prefer SWAs boarding procedure. At least I feel like I have some control over where I sit and with whom.
JetBlue does not overbook and we have flown with them for 15 years and I have never had them reassign my seats.

Flew Jet Blue with 7 family members, 4 adults, 3 kids, 1 infant in November and when we got to the airport, we were in singles all over the plane! Had to get a supervisor to have each child with an adult. On American it was just DH and I so no big deal. Based on my experiences, I’d rather fly SWA.

YMMV

I've had good experiences with Jet Blue and American in terms of keeping my assigned seating, so I'm not worried about that. I check our booked flights occassionally to verify that the schedule & seats are the same, & if they've changed (which has only happened on American & due to schedule change), then I get the seats changed back to something I want. I've never been surprised at the airport.

I guess I’m just the unlucky one, seems to happen to me more times than not. But I do have to add that a reassignment on Delta once put DD and I in First Class!

Last edited:

I’ve only had one issue with reseating on Jet Blue and I had a very strong suspicion that was for an air martial. Jet Blue bent over backwards with freebies to make up for the seating, which didn’t even really disrupt the family layout. I’ve never flown southwest and am considering it for an upcoming trip but don’t want to fork over $200 total for priority boarding and know that everyone else headed from NY to MCO will be with kids and thus in that first regular boarding group like me. Personally I’d rather pay for baggage than seat numbers. I feel like seat numbers are attached to ME and baggage is a separate entity and at least there’s an option of carry on.

Personally I’d rather pay for baggage than seat numbers. I feel like seat numbers are attached to ME and baggage is a separate entity and at least there’s an option of carry on.
Good point. Seating is an integral part of every flight. Checked baggage is not.

JetBlue does not overbook and we have flown with them for 15 years and I have never had them reassign my seats.

They may not overbook, but they can (and do) change the planes they are using on different routes without warning which may result in re-assignment of seats. You're lucky to not have experienced this.

DEN to MCO was $25/per each way. We are officially priced out on our flights on SW that we booked for next March's DCL cruise. It was 1k more than we've ever paid for the same amount of people AND the same time of year we head to MCO

TUL to MCO = $25 [12/1]
MCO to TUL = $25 [12/8]

So irritating. I don't even enjoy putting trips together anymore with the high cost of airfare and rental cars. Yes, I know, 1st World problems.

TUL to MCO = $25 [12/1]
MCO to TUL = $25 [12/8]

So irritating. I don't even enjoy putting trips together anymore with the high cost of airfare and rental cars. Yes, I know, 1st World problems.

You work hard for your money so it sucks to have to throw it away just to be able to get a good seat on the plane.

They may not overbook, but they can (and do) change the planes they are using on different routes without warning which may result in re-assignment of seats. You're lucky to not have experienced this.

Or the super "helpful" American phone rep tags BOTH parents as carrying a lap rider, which results in a separation that NOBODY can explain until the gate agent looks and mutters curse words under her breath. At least that gate agent was able to move us to seats that were together.

If I ever fly Southwest I don't think I am even going to really bother with seat selection. What is it from Atlanta to Orlando, a little over an hour? For folks like myself who are fortunate to live only like a hour and a half to Atlanta, a plane ride for just a little over an hour will be doable in any seat, I think? Plus I won't have any kids that are very young in my party.

Or the super "helpful" American phone rep tags BOTH parents as carrying a lap rider, which results in a separation that NOBODY can explain until the gate agent looks and mutters curse words under her breath. At least that gate agent was able to move us to seats that were together.

Annoying but can happen anywhere. I'm not sure what the fact they were American has to do with it.

DEN to MCO was $25/per each way. We are officially priced out on our flights on SW that we booked for next March's DCL cruise. It was 1k more than we've ever paid for the same amount of people AND the same time of year we head to MCO

It really has been ridiculous. IF we can fly from BWI in January (and that's IF since a decently timed roundtrip flight for one is now $350.00 or higher) we won't buy EBCI anymore. We have never seen anything like this. Last January one roundtrip was $160.00.

I’ve only had one issue with reseating on Jet Blue and I had a very strong suspicion that was for an air martial. Jet Blue bent over backwards with freebies to make up for the seating, which didn’t even really disrupt the family layout. I’ve never flown southwest and am considering it for an upcoming trip but don’t want to fork over $200 total for priority boarding and know that everyone else headed from NY to MCO will be with kids and thus in that first regular boarding group like me. Personally I’d rather pay for baggage than seat numbers. I feel like seat numbers are attached to ME and baggage is a separate entity and at least there’s an option of carry on.

Families with a child 6 or under who don't have an A boarding assignment, can board between A and B. Not in the first regular boarding group.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter