Current CP: What are my odds of getting accepted?

Arizona Boy

Earning My Ears
Im a current CP for WDW during Spring 2015 and I was wondering what my odds are of getting accepted after reapplying for Fall 2015?

I currently have no points on attendence, but I ask off a lot for family and what not. Its not abrupt though and approved by WDW.

I had my phone interview and I feel that it went pretty well, but I havent heard a response back yet and it has been about a week... I also expressed my interest in several roles.

What do you think?

Bump. Please, Im really anxious and need some kind of reassurance (either positive or negative).

I've never actually heard of someone applying for another CP while still doing one because you can just extend into the following semester. Towards the end of your program you should get an email with directions on how to apply to extend into the Fall if you want to stay.

Its not an extension, its a reapplication. Ill essentially be paying the program fees but moving in all over again. I would extend but summer is chock full of other busy things that would interfere...

Its not an extension, its a reapplication. Ill essentially be paying the program fees but moving in all over again. I would extend but summer is chock full of other busy things that would interfere...

So you are only interested in Fall not Fall Advantage? Not sure how that would work. My nephew is a cast member at the Disney Store and he had his phone interview two weeks ago and has not heard back. He would accept either Fall or Fall Advantage. I would say that if your status is not NLIC you still have a chance. My nephew was told he could hear as late as the end of April. I know it's nerve-wracking waiting but just keep your eyes on the Dashboard.

So you are only interested in Fall not Fall Advantage? Not sure how that would work. My nephew is a cast member at the Disney Store and he had his phone interview two weeks ago and has not heard back. He would accept either Fall or Fall Advantage. I would say that if your status is not NLIC you still have a chance. My nephew was told he could hear as late as the end of April. I know it's nerve-wracking waiting but just keep your eyes on the Dashboard.
Thank you so much. Could you respond back with any more information your nephew receives? You definitely helped my nerves :)

Thank you so much. Could you respond back with any more information your nephew receives? You definitely helped my nerves :)
Yeah, I cant participate in fall advantage...

So if a CP is currently doing a Spring program (the 4 month program) and got an extension which basically takes them through most of the summer, can you apply for another extension? Or are you done at that point?

Youre done at that point. Pretty sure you can opt to be seasonal, but other than that, you would need to reapply

My son started the cp program in Jan of 2014 and extended till Jan of 2015 then came home for a semester and is now going back May 2015 and plans to extend after his cp is done in Jan 2016

Hey all! I am still "in progress" after my Phone Interview on March 4...Tomorrow will be 4 weeks, and I haven't gotten anything saying that I am "pending"...what does/could this mean? Thank you!

Hey all! I am still "in progress" after my Phone Interview on March 4...Tomorrow will be 4 weeks, and I haven't gotten anything saying that I am "pending"...what does/could this mean? Thank you!

You're still being considered, they just haven't made a decision yet. No one really knows exactly why some people hear back sooner than others — I'm sure there are a lot of factors for them to consider including your interview, interests/skills, department needs, etc.

You're still being considered, they just haven't made a decision yet. No one really knows exactly why some people hear back sooner than others — I'm sure there are a lot of factors for them to consider including your interview, interests/skills, department needs, etc.
Goldmay, thank you so much for your response; you are very insightful and reassuring! This type of waiting game is absolutely killing me, so I really appreciate your kind words and support :) I was recently in WDW for Spring Break and talked to one of the DCP participants at one of the water parks, and she said it really all depends when you apply, so I have been considering that as well. My dashboard still says "in progress" and not "NLIC" so that is a great sign as well!! :D

For the OP and others wondering, technically you can't apply for another program while you're on a program unless you're switching from WDW to DL or vice-versa. When you apply they're supposed to flag your account and not allow you to interview. HOWEVER, I am a current CP and applied for fall and they didn't flag my account before my phone interview, so after telling me I couldn't interview the recruited talked to his leader and called me back an hour later and gave me a mini-interview and I got accepted about 2 weeks later.

So if a CP is currently doing a Spring program (the 4 month program) and got an extension which basically takes them through most of the summer, can you apply for another extension? Or are you done at that point?

My daughter did the Spring '13 program. She extended twice so she was there three weeks short of a year. She then went seasonal and has went down several times to work. I do know that going seasonal now has changed from when her program ended.

To the OP - my nephew finally got accepted 5 weeks after his phone interview. A long, tough wait but he is relieved and excited.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter