Current fast pass lanes

ScottFamilyOrlando

Earning My Ears
Ok, I have to ask. Does anyone know what the fast pass lanes are being used for? I have been told for disability but I have seen a group of body builders go through the lane. What is the actual use case allowed?

I believe it's being used for a combination of things, DAS passes being one. It's worth noting that the disability pass isn't for mobility disabilities, it's for mental/developmental/psychological ones mostly. So you can't assume buff people aren't disabled in some fashion. It's also important to note that disability pass users don't get front of the line access, they get a return time that the same as what the regular line time is. They just get to wait somewhere else.

I also think they use it for people to return if they were bumped from the ride - like breakdowns and stuff.

I'm not sure if the VIP tours are up and running, but if they are, I imagine they would use them too.

I thought the point of getting rid of fastpass was to double the available line area for the regular line since so much distancing is required. I’ve visited twice since they’ve reopened and I’m trying to think if I’ve noticed this actually in place on any rides, since we’ve mostly just walked onto everything, so I haven’t stopped to notice much about the line set up (I had a toddler so we don’t do the big rides with the longer waits currently) .... on toy story mania they are boarding people on both sides of the stair case from the stand by line.... on it’s a small world the lines converge into one combined line by the time you get to the boats .... I didn’t see any separate area on MMRR where fastpass would be, so they must just be using it all for standby

I can't comment relative to MMRR as I have never decided to ride it. The fastpass lines are still there for the rides I am familiar with. Other than one instance, it appears to look like you have to 'sign up' and then 'show up' - matching what ninjagrrl said above.

I can't comment relative to MMRR as I have never decided to ride it. The fastpass lines are still there for the rides I am familiar with. Other than one instance, it appears to look like you have to 'sign up' and then 'show up' - matching what ninjagrrl said above.

weird. I know all of the entrances are there, but once actually inside the lines it seems like most of them have just intermingled the fastpass and standby lines (again just speaking with regards to it’s a small world, toy story mania, jungle cruise.... I think pirates??..... trying to remember if we even rode anything else with a fastpass line.... Kilimanjaro Safari was utilizing all available space for standby.... 🤷🏼‍♀️)

I thought the point of getting rid of fastpass was to double the available line area for the regular line since so much distancing is required. I’ve visited twice since they’ve reopened and I’m trying to think if I’ve noticed this actually in place on any rides, since we’ve mostly just walked onto everything, so I haven’t stopped to notice much about the line set up (I had a toddler so we don’t do the big rides with the longer waits currently) .... on toy story mania they are boarding people on both sides of the stair case from the stand by line.... on it’s a small world the lines converge into one combined line by the time you get to the boats .... I didn’t see any separate area on MMRR where fastpass would be, so they must just be using it all for standby

The use of the line space varies by ride, in part because no two rides are set up identically. For some, you can simply move the chains/ropes and divert people into the FP lane and get more space. For others, there's no way to do that either because they are blocked off with some kind of physical set piece or because there's no way to distance the FP line from the SB line. If both are right beside each other, from the same starting point to the same end point in a straight shot, then there's no good way to use that space to increase line distancing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter