Current fave character dining

For a buffet (breakfast), 1900 Park Fare. Fantastic food and the characters are great. Alice and Mad Hatter are funny and Mary Poppins, Tigger and sometimes Pooh appear too.

Close 2nd would be Crystal Palace (breakfast) for food and characters

Al La Carte - Trattoria al Forno (breakfast). Great food and characters you dont see often.

Close 2nd is Ohana (though family style, not a la carte) I love the theme and Lilo, Stitch, Mickey and Pluto (not sure if they are coming back) Now that my kids are older though, I can do without the dining room parade (but do love the Hawaiian Rollercoaster song!)

Not fan of the food at SBD@Artist Point, BOG, Chef Mickeys, CRT, Akershus, Garden Grill, Cape May, Tusker House. Hollywood and Vine is pretty good, Never tried the restaurant in the Riviera.

I only do characters at breakfast. Too many fantastic lunch/dinner places to go to.

Best Breakfast of all is Boma. They really need to get characters from the Lion King in there :)

Last edited:
For a buffet (breakfast), 1900 Park Fare. Fantastic food and the characters are great. Alice and Mad Hatter are funny and Mary Poppins, Tigger and sometimes Pooh appear too.

Close 2nd would be Crystal Palace (breakfast) for food and characters

Al La Carte - Trattoria al Forno (breakfast). Great food and characters you dont see often.

Close 2nd is Ohana (though family style, not a la carte) I love the theme and Lilo, Stitch, Mickey and Pluto (not sure if they are coming back) Now that my kids are older though, I can do without the dining room parade (but do love the Hawaiian Rollercoaster song!)

Not fan of the food at SBD@Artist Point, BOG, Chef Mickeys, CRT, Akershus, Garden Grill, Cape May, Tusker House. Hollywood and Vine is pretty good, Never tried the restaurant in the Riviera.

I only do characters at breakfast. Too many fantastic lunch/dinner places to go to.

Best Breakfast of all is Boma. They really need to get characters from the Lion King in there :)
Is Trattoria Al Forno currently doing character breakfast?

Has anyone been to Tusker recently? I saw some vlogs that seemed to say it was terrible now and others saying it was fine so I'm not sure what to believe....

Currently open? Topolino’s & Tusker House (both have wonderful food and fun characters) 😍

Honorable mentions- ‘Ohana (our family’s favorite Disney breakfast) Crystal Palace (surprisingly good food), & Trattoria al Forno breakfast (this is 1 of my favorite character interactions, but I don’t love the food as much as the top 3)… all are currently open, and will likely have characters again soon as Disney reintroduces regular meet ‘n’ greets.

Previously open (& hopefully coming back soon?)- Park Fare supper (my favorite character interactions, but again- I don’t love the food as much as the top 3).

Has anyone been to Tusker recently? I saw some vlogs that seemed to say it was terrible now and others saying it was fine so I'm not sure what to believe....
I sincerely hope that’s not true!! It was definitely one of the very best buffets on property, IMO.

We go for particular characters we like and good food.

Trattorio al Forno ( Rapunzel and Ariel and their princes) , Akershus ( princesses) , and 1900 Park Fare( Mary Poppins, Alice and Pooh and Tigger) for breakfast none have re-opened yet

Crystal Palace for lunch ( it's a wonderful air conditioned break in the day and we love Winnie the Pooh characters)

1900 Park Fare with Cinderella, Prince Charming, Step Mother and sisters ( the characters are so good here!) for dinner

Chef Mickey's was my youngest child's favorite when he was little.

I sincerely hope that’s not true!! It was definitely one of the very best buffets on property, IMO.
Yes we loved it pre COVID but some are saying if you don’t get a good table there isn’t a good way to see or interact with characters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter