Current free gift for touring DVC?

stal

DIS Veteran
Hello,

Does anyone know want the current free gift is for touring meeting with DVC?

I know in the past it used to be free Fast passes.

Thanks!

I stopped in the VDH DVC office last week. The 2 employees were buried in their laptops and definitely gave off the vibe I was an interruption. I greeted them because it would be awkward to go in and say nothing. Then I remarked how cool one of the displays were and how excited were staying at the hotel for our first DL trip. Crickets. Just a smile and a nod. I don’t think they even turned their heads, just their eyes to my direction. A convention started that day so it could be they were very busy from that.

If I had to guess I’d bet it was maybe a trading pin? You know, one step better than the sticker they offer in the parks…. Total speculation, though.

They might give you a picture
You mean like a picture of the resort? Or a picture of your family at the resort?

If they did the latter, using a photopass photog that would be kinda cool.
Last time DH & I went to DLR, we did a “100 Years of Magic” park tour — and it included several cool pix of us in front of SB castle that were free to download (found out later we could’ve chosen one to print) whether we had paid photo access or not.

If they did something like that, but at whatever resort they’re selling… that would actually be a nice gift.

I really liked our pix— they took about 10-12 — & while I wish they would’ve tried to position us slightly better so that we didn’t have shadows across our faces, overall they were nice pictures.

We were going to do a tour a few years ago but didn’t get around to it….

Do they still give ice cream to the kids?

DVC should be happily giving away one of those lightweight material backpacks with logo .
I won a backpack a long time ago at BLT Open House and Everytime I wear it , strangers asks
What is Disney Vacation Club ?
Hello Free advertising almost
Would proudly wear one that says
My home is a Disney Vacation Club

DVC should be happily giving away one of those lightweight material backpacks with logo .
I won a backpack a long time ago at BLT Open House and Everytime I wear it , strangers asks
What is Disney Vacation Club ?
Hello Free advertising almost
Would proudly wear one that says
My home is a Disney Vacation Club
I know. Cheapest advertising ever. Disney seems so begrudging these days that they shoot themselves in the foot repeatedly.

Giving out DVC logo items as gifts for touring would be odd since most people who don't buy aren't going to bother using something branded with Disney Vacation Club. And if they do use it, it's counter-intuitive to have non-members asking another non-member about DVC. ("Oh they gave us this for taking a tour but it's just way too expensive. Don't waste your time.")

When they give rewards to non-members for touring, it's usually a modest gift card or food voucher.

For literally decades they gave out DVC backpacks and tote bags to people who made a purchase. More recently it's a refillable water bottle and a cooling towel. Baseball caps have been giveaway staples for years. They had newer ones at the VDH opening 6 weeks ago. I got a DVC string bag / beach bag from the Disneyland sales center in 2022 and on a Disney Cruise in 2023. Got an Aulani pin in 2022. Members stopping by DVC kiosks this year have been able to collect magic band sliders, magnets, collectible coins, art prints...

Giving out DVC logo items as gifts for touring would be odd since most people who don't buy aren't going to bother using something branded with Disney Vacation Club. And if they do use it, it's counter-intuitive to have non-members asking another non-member about DVC. ("Oh they gave us this for taking a tour but it's just way too expensive. Don't waste your time.")

When they give rewards to non-members for touring, it's usually a modest gift card or food voucher.

For literally decades they gave out DVC backpacks and tote bags to people who made a purchase. More recently it's a refillable water bottle and a cooling towel. Baseball caps have been giveaway staples for years. They had newer ones at the VDH opening 6 weeks ago. I got a DVC string bag / beach bag from the Disneyland sales center in 2022 and on a Disney Cruise in 2023. Got an Aulani pin in 2022. Members stopping by DVC kiosks this year have been able to collect magic band sliders, magnets, collectible coins, art prints...
We decided to own just a few weeks ago, and got the branded cinch bag and magnet. Would love a DVC magic band sliders - especially since CMs say the passholder sliders are no more.

Yup, still have the DVC backpack in one of my storage rooms somewhere. The DVC Store still sends you one of theirs if you buy resale. I think I have four of those.

Can’t believe how cheap they have got. When we bought we got fast passes, dole whip (at poly), a nice tote bag. We always get that email or call to come do a tour when we are there and get a “gift”. Once we found out it was a print it was a definite no. 😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter