• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Current *GT/MTO/FLR Discounts!

To better accomodate those who visit this thread, on average how often do you visit this thread?

• Once a month

Votes: 59 8.7%
  • Once a week

Votes: 114 16.8%
  • 2 times a week

Votes: 36 5.3%
  • 3 times a week

Votes: 42 6.2%
  • 4 times a week

Votes: 23 3.4%
  • 5 times a week

Votes: 25 3.7%
  • 6 times a week

Votes: 6 0.9%
  • daily

Votes: 121 17.9%
  • more than 1 time per day

Votes: 49 7.2%
  • First time on Thread

Votes: 215 31.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
There are new FLR and MTO rates out today.

FLR has 11/5/16 Fantasy FLR/I and FLR/V
MTO has 10/22/16 Fantasy MTO/I, MTO/O and MTO/V

Hopefully, more to come today.

It's under 45 days now until the cruise we'd like to be on leaves from NYC. There are still 60+ veranda staterooms showing as available. Any chance of VGT rates still coming out? DH has now taken the week off from work, so all we need is DCL to cooperate and allow us to purchase. :P

Couldn't decide if we wanted to book a feb or early March cruise, but thinking of just waiting to see what might get discounted instead. We did a b2b last February and really enjoyed it. We are flexible.

the discounts on 3 and 4 night cruises seem to be at an all time low. lots of full boats this fall

the discounts on 3 and 4 night cruises seem to be at an all time low. lots of full boats this fall
Its been this way for a few years. The longer, the more expensive, and the blacked out cruises are more likely to be discounted. Also cruises that dont sail out of PC with the exception of Vancouver are more likely to have discounts. Whenever you read people on here complaining about the price ie New York sailings this year its almost a guarantee they wont sell. I expect to see deep discounts on the longer European cruises next year, and many of the overpriced Star Wars cruises.

Its been this way for a few years. The longer, the more expensive, and the blacked out cruises are more likely to be discounted. Also cruises that dont sail out of PC with the exception of Vancouver are more likely to have discounts. Whenever you read people on here complaining about the price ie New York sailings this year its almost a guarantee they wont sell. I expect to see deep discounts on the longer European cruises next year, and many of the overpriced Star Wars cruises.

Yep, that's what I'm hoping for.

Yep, that's what I'm hoping for.
A lot of people only do the 3 and 4 night cruises because it's within the budget and they want the Disney experience. I was one of those people on our first four cruises when my kids were little. Now my kids are teens and were off to Europe, Asia and other places most likely not on DCL unless they offer huge discounts again. I would love to cruise on the Fantasy again if I ever score a good price. I don't think DCL will ever have a problem selling the Dream cruises. No other cruise line has a mega ship with all the bells and whistles doing short cruises. RCCL, NCL and Carnival have their best ships in the Caribbean all 7 day cruises.

A lot of people only do the 3 and 4 night cruises because it's within the budget and they want the Disney experience. I was one of those people on our first four cruises when my kids were little. Now my kids are teens and were off to Europe, Asia and other places most likely not on DCL unless they offer huge discounts again. I would love to cruise on the Fantasy again if I ever score a good price. I don't think DCL will ever have a problem selling the Dream cruises. No other cruise line has a mega ship with all the bells and whistles doing short cruises. RCCL, NCL and Carnival have their best ships in the Caribbean all 7 day cruises.
We have done several DCL this year would have been our 10th, however after paying full price last year we are trying out something new. We will be going to Hawks Cay in the keys, and then cruising out of miami on RC for a three night on the Enchanment. I am preparing myself mentally for the cruise because all I have ever sailed is DCL. Any advice would be great. Sad to not see three and four night discounts, however even this past summer when they had then they still did not compare to the past years.

We have done several DCL this year would have been our 10th, however after paying full price last year we are trying out something new. We will be going to Hawks Cay in the keys, and then cruising out of miami on RC for a three night on the Enchanment. I am preparing myself mentally for the cruise because all I have ever sailed is DCL. Any advice would be great. Sad to not see three and four night discounts, however even this past summer when they had then they still did not compare to the past years.
Our cruise on the Vista will be a first for us too. We're excited for a change. It wasnt hard I've always kept an open mind about other cruise lines. We have had great disney cruises and just ok ones. Im not one of those over the top Disney fanatics. I cruise to relax ,eat, drink, and see new ports so I think Ill be ok. I keep an eye on the discounts though because that is the only thing that wiil get me back on a Disney ship.... a good price. I have some cruises Im watching for next year we'll see if Im right or wrong.

Our cruise on the Vista will be a first for us too. We're excited for a change. It wasnt hard I've always kept an open mind about other cruise lines. We have had great disney cruises and just ok ones. Im not one of those over the top Disney fanatics. I cruise to relax ,eat, drink, and see new ports so I think Ill be ok. I keep an eye on the discounts though because that is the only thing that wiil get me back on a Disney ship.... a good price. I have some cruises Im watching for next year we'll see if Im right or wrong.

Can't wait to hear all about your experience on the Vista....I'll be on her after you. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Can't wait to hear all about your experience on the Vista....I'll be on her after you. I think you will be pleasantly surprised.
I will be writing a very thorough review. Carnival gets a bad rap on these boards mostly from people that haven't even cruised on Carnival. I'm hoping to come back with a glowing review.

There are quite a few new IGT, OGT and VGT rates, especially for the Wonder out of Galveston and the Magic out of Miami for November/December. There is even something which I thought I would not see ever again: A 7-night cruise under 2000$ available to book for everyone (i.e. not FLR or MTO discount). The December 2 Wonder cruise is at 1882$ for two adults in IGT.

Seems like Galveston is once again not selling as they want it to. I wonder how long they keep returning there...

I'm hoping for some sort of a lower rate on the Fantasy sailing Dec 3. Have family that decided to join us be the rate needs to be a little lower before they can commit! :-(

December 2 is the cruise we are on. I am hoping to upgrade for cheap. They just came out with military rates so hopefully it will sale more. I sure hope they don't take away Galveston it helps me afford it by not having to pay for flights and hotels. I read that the ones out of Florida have lots of rooms sold on the Florida discount which isn't the case the case with Galveston v

I'm hoping for some sort of a lower rate on the Fantasy sailing Dec 3. Have family that decided to join us be the rate needs to be a little lower before they can commit! :-(

The problem is that Texas schools make it very challenging for students who miss school to catch up. Schools get $ from the state based on daily attendance. The school districts have indirect ways of discouraging parents from taking their kids out of school for any length of time.

If DCL would sail out of Galveston in the summer, the boats would be full.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter