Current Pictures of magic kingdom dessert party?

serenitygr

2021: trip number six to the Fort!!
Hi everyone! Does anyone have any information/ pictures as to what is offered at the magic kingdom dessert party? We went last October and I was less than impressed- it seems almost everything was some sort of pudding, plus strawberries and cheese and crackers. Wondering if it’s gotten any better over this past year- thank you!

Hi everyone! Does anyone have any information/ pictures as to what is offered at the magic kingdom dessert party? We went last October and I was less than impressed- it seems almost everything was some sort of pudding, plus strawberries and cheese and crackers. Wondering if it’s gotten any better over this past year- thank you!
We went for the seats to view the fireworks (Seats and Treats) on August 7th. We were able to sit and watch the fireworks and see Tink fly down! The desserts were much like you mentioned - cheese (I didn't see crackers), a couple of pudding like desserts in small containers, chocolate dipped strawberries, really nice variety of fruit - pineapple, cantaloupe, watermelon, honeydew melon), cookies, snickerdoodle cookie with a cream filling, two types of cake pops (but not on a stick) so more like cake balls - a chocolate and a vanilla, two types of beer, 3 types of wine I think?, champagne, sparkling cider, strawberry lemonade, milk, POG juice, I think coffee/team, lemonade, ...
The desserts were fine - we pay for the seating. I didn't take any pictures though.

We were at Seats and Treats on 8/6 and the Pre-party on 8/13 (was initially supposed to be one group on 8/6, long story)

Here is what I remember for the desserts:

Chocolate pudding
Cookies and cream mousse
Cake bites, chocolate and vanilla
Cream filled snickerdoodle cookies
Chocolate covered strawberries
Chocolate silk cups
Cheeses
Butterscotch pudding

There were a few other things as well, plus a few things at a kids station, plus the drinks.

Some of the desserts were delicious, but it does sound like it is mostly as you remembered. Honestly the desserts are nice, but the primary benefit is the respite from the crowds and the seating/viewing area for the fireworks. I hate standing around for an hour or two, crowded like cattle, while waiting for fireworks.

Then there is what happens if it rains, as it did last Saturday. We arrived for the pre-party around 7:40, and soon after a thunderstorm rolled in and it dumped for about 30 minutes, then continued off and on for a while. Many of course had already staked out there viewing spots in front of the castle and on MS. They were left with the choice of sitting out in the rain and lightning, or ducking for cover. Ultimately the fireworks were delayed about 35 minutes. We spent that time in the uncrowded party and then went to the uncrowded viewing area about 10 minutes before the show started.

For me/us, that was definitely worth it. But I know many don't mind the shoulder to shoulder waiting, so i can understand not thinking it is worth it if you are basing it mostly on the desserts themselves.

I came on trying to find out the same thing. We have been to 5 dessert parties pre-pandemic and went to one in June 2022. What a complete waste! 85% puddings! The only savory was the cheese and crackers. It was a complete and utter disappointment. My kids barely ate anything as they don’t like the puddings.

Not only that, but there seemed to be 3x the number of people in the viewing area. It was wall to wall. Plus instead of having the area ahead cleared, they are using it for ECVs AND their families. We had people standing up in that area (the family members) blocking our view. We might as well been in the general area with the rest!

Also, here is some of the food that was NOT at the June party that used to be included:

ooey gooey toffee cake w/ Ice cream
roasted marshmallows station
build your own cupcake station
cookies and brownies area
cheeseburger eggrolls

These were our favorite things about the food and they were all gone.

We were there in early September. I didn’t take any pictures, but remember a crepe station. The CM was making them, she had caramel & chocolate sauce. I *think* there was apple type filling in it too. There was a cookie station for kids to add their own toppings. Otherwise pretty much the same as what’s already been said.

From this week- definitely nothing to write home about but the view from the garden is amazing! They also had some cookies and apple crepes.
View attachment 712410View attachment 712411
View attachment 712412
Cake bites and cookie sandwich are new from June. Everything else looks the same including the crepes. Do you recall if there were cookies? Also, what the plaza area packed in. It was near standing room only in June. MUCH different than my experience in years past when my kids could lie down in the space.

Is the desert cruise a better option? I’ve got an 11 year old goddaughter who can’t wait for a dessert party. She won’t know the difference I suppose, she’s never been to one, but I want her to have the best one.

Cake bites and cookie sandwich are new from June. Everything else looks the same including the crepes. Do you recall if there were cookies? Also, what the plaza area packed in. It was near standing room only in June. MUCH different than my experience in years past when my kids could lie down in the space.
There were a couple kinds of cookies- just small basic sugar and chocolate chip ones. There were lots of people in the fireworks area but my three kids were able to sit down beforehand. Once they started everyone stood up anyways 😊

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter