Current Restaurant / Food Situation?

Lm3js

Mouseketeer
Going next weekend and trying to understand best strategy for food right now. I have ADRs for dinner on most nights but wondering about ad-hoc lunches and snacks/beverages/treats.

A bit ago, people were reporting mobile ordering having long wait times and best to order lunch/snacks right upon entering the park (ie. 8am for a noonish pickup). Is this still the jedi way? Now that the parks are more open, are there more restaurants opening for QS that you can walk up?

going the 9-11 of august for a huge reunion with my daughter. BB is her absolute favorite place at DL. I’m trying so hard to get a reservation for one of those days. I check obsessively multiple times a day and I’ve never seen a single one it’s frustrating.

going the 9-11 of august for a huge reunion with my daughter. BB is her absolute favorite place at DL. I’m trying so hard to get a reservation for one of those days. I check obsessively multiple times a day and I’ve never seen a single one it’s frustrating.
I've been trying for the last 6 weeks for our visit next week and still no luck, hoping a last minute ADR becomes available.

When we were there week before last we were able to do our mobile orders more like one hour in advance. I'd just keep a loose eye on how things are booking up as the morning progresses. You can always put a mobile order in and then cancel.

As far as BB, I had to cancel our reservation same day when we were in the parks (so heartbreaking). When I was was waiting to speak to the hostess she said told the gentleman in front of me that they did occasionally walkups, with the greatest chance before 4 pm, but it just depended on availability.

We just got home Friday. I was very worried about the MO situation, even though we always used MO pre-COVID. I found that if we ordered lunch by around 930-10 for an 11-1130 lunch time, we had basically full choice of times/places. Snacks were not too bad, but some got full early like the Dole Whip place and the beignet place in DL. We had TS booked for lunch and dinner each day of the trip, and I just started canceling them once we got there and realized that MO still worked well with a little more pre-planning for the ordering window. Even if you don’t order lunch early in the day, there will be several places that still have times available. Also, some places were also doing walk up, though the lines were pretty long (Cocina Cucamonga and Pym’s Test Kitchen were two that I noticed taking walk ups)

We had no issues ordering snacks, beers etc on the fly. Most carts were just walk up (churros, ice cream etc), and we never waited more than a few minutes at all.

I think most QS are still only using mobile order. But if you have already mastered MO in the past, you will be great at it and should be fine this trip.

The mobile order situation has DRASTICALLY improved from even a month ago. Almost all food places had near immediate return windows, except for Pym's Test Kitchen. We still ordered our meals 1-2 hours before we wanted to eat, but found that it was much easier to get food and drinks spontaneously.

Pick ups are still inconsistent. Some are very quick and efficient, some are very slow.

Food situation yesterday:
Ronto Roasters: mobile ordered for immediate pickup, ready immediately
Tiki Juice Bar: mobile ordered an hour in advance, ready like 1 minute after I said was there and only one person ahead of me
Jack Jack Cookie Num-Nums: no mobile order, just a couple people ahead of me

Seems like they have mostly worked out the kinks, at least so far.

Food situation yesterday:
Ronto Roasters: mobile ordered for immediate pickup, ready immediately
Tiki Juice Bar: mobile ordered an hour in advance, ready like 1 minute after I said was there and only one person ahead of me
Jack Jack Cookie Num-Nums: no mobile order, just a couple people ahead of me

Seems like they have mostly worked out the kinks, at least so far.
Awesome. Thanks for the info!!

Had Plaza Inn for lunch and Smokejumpers for dinner. Both orders were ready within 5 minutes of saying I was there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter